Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

need advice on snorkling!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2002, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought some videos online, only to see men, all under water with there machines, just tootling around! i could not beleave it!!! these things were UNDER WATER, HANDLE BARS AND ALL!well, it got me thinking, how hard could it possibly be to snorkle a quad? so here are my questions!
1.) is it a bad thing to do, or if done right, all will be well?
2.) i know you have to snorkle the intake on the airbox, but what else?
3.) do they make a kit that bolts on that has all the info one would need to do it right?
4.) what are the downfalls to doing it?
5.) is this something that can only be done to a honda, couse they all were riding hondas?
6.) if it was bullet proof, would other grizzly owners do it to theres?

i know this is probibally not something everyone would want to do, but i run across alot of deep holes where i ride, and quite frankly, i am tired of going around them couse of the fear of swamping my quad!
any and all advice, other than the ones saying i am a fool, lol, are welcome.

my pictures

Old 02-10-2002, 11:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are not a fool. I have seen many done right w/ no problems. Air box, and any vent, ie. crankcase or cardbs, some also do the exhaust. No kits, liabillity, but you could try High Lifter just talk to them. I have seen some of theirs at the Morango Swamp Ride, very nice, they might can help. The only down falls are if it leaks, and kinda awkward. Ooo no any thing you can do to a honda Yamahas can do better. Its a matter of pesonal preference. If you decide to do it take picture I think it would look good on a new Griz.