Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

help!! I'm ready to burn my arctic cat.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 09:39 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

First thing i would check before going any farther is your spray pattern and your fuel pressure.. Wondering if that so called intank filter is clogged up for some reason?

Old 12-17-2018, 06:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zrock
First thing i would check before going any farther is your spray pattern and your fuel pressure.. Wondering if that so called intank filter is clogged up for some reason?

I took the fuel injector out, when used a 12 v battery to open it up and then used the air comresor to blow it out. A atv mechanic told me this is the procedure to clean them out.

I might just buy a new injector, they arnet expensive.

I will have time to look at it next week. On the list I will
-reset TPS
-Resent the Tip sensor
-check boot for crack
-replace fuel injector
-check for codes
-check spark plug and replace if nessecariy
-check voltage regulaor
-attempt to check timing lol..

Old 12-17-2018, 06:47 PM
Super Quad Patrol

Like I said no point in going farther untill you check fuel pressure.... allot of your symptoms can be explained by this... and check spray pattern... easy pull fuel injector and toss it in a pop bottle and observe... just throwing parts at it is just silly... no offence...

Old 12-17-2018, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer

Like I said no point in going farther untill you check fuel pressure.... allot of your symptoms can be explained by this... and check spray pattern... easy pull fuel injector and toss it in a pop bottle and observe... just throwing parts at it is just silly... no offence...
So pull it, but leave it connected to the fuel line and power, then turn key? I'm looking for a wide misty spray pattern and not a stream?

Old 12-17-2018, 08:47 PM
Super Quad Patrol

Exactly... the finer the mist the better... same with fuel pressure. If it's lower than spec then it will cause issues... u may have to rent a tester would be best if u can put it online and take it for a spin and watch your pressures

Old 12-17-2018, 10:02 PM
Trailblazer

Exactly... the finer the mist the better... same with fuel pressure. If it's lower than spec then it will cause issues... u may have to rent a tester would be best if u can put it online and take it for a spin and watch your pressures
HOw do yo measure fuel pressure?

Old 12-17-2018, 10:06 PM
Super Quad Patrol

Best bet go to country cat and dl a service manual for your machine. It will give u pressures and test procedures. You will have to borrow, rent, buy a test gauge to use...

Old 12-17-2018, 11:29 PM
Trailblazer

Best bet go to country cat and dl a service manual for your machine. It will give u pressures and test procedures. You will have to borrow, rent, buy a test gauge to use...
thanks!

Old 12-17-2018, 11:37 PM
Trailblazer

Hey, if I have low fuel pressure that means my fuel pump is not working or I have a kink/blockage in the fuel line correct?

I ask because at some point in time my fuel gauge stopped working properly. I'm guessing the gauge not working properly could be a sign of a bad fuel pump or a kink/blockage. I honestly can't recall if my issues started when the fuel gauge stopped working. I can tell you the fuel gauge stopped working when I took the plastics off the atv, made a snorkel kit for intake/belt intake... I was told to snorkel the fuel vent as well. So at the back end of the ATV there is that valve that have a line to the fuel tank. I now know this to be a one way valve that doesn't need to be snorkelled, but I snorkelled it because of advice. So sometime during this tear down, something happened that caused the fuel gauge to stop working.

Could me issue be caused by the fuel tank not getting proper air flow?

Could I test this just be cracking the gas cap for a bit and see if the atv works better?

If the two issues are related and cracking the gas cap helps the atv run again, would my fuel gauge also imeadiately work again?

When I say my fuel gauge doesn't work I mean if the atv is full of gas, it will show that its fuel, but once the fuel starts dropping the guage is very inaccurate. The guage will read full, than all of a sudden it drops 2 full fuel bars. Than the guage gets stuck again, then drops several bars.

It's a digital guage by the way.

Old 12-17-2018, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer

Could a damaged one way valve be the cause?

When I'm out riding and crack the gas cap there is no noticeable pressure release, so there is some air flow.

Quick Reply: help!! I'm ready to burn my arctic cat.