Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Handle Bar mounted lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2001, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally finished mounting my lights on the handle bars. They are two 55 watt halogen lights. I hooked them up so that they will come on with the high beams. I haven't had a chance to ride some nights yet to see how they do but they are really light up my garage. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] It was realy easy to do and only cost about $50. Just visit my pictures page. I added them on the AC 400 4X4 part.
I also mounted a fan on/off switch for those deep river crossings.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2001, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

I think I'm just gonna go ahead and get the HL Arctic Cat light kit, I like that set up.

How the hell did you get your links to come up like that in your signature??

Old 06-07-2001, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

Finially figured it out.

Old 06-07-2001, 12:48 PM
Range Rover

Hey boner:
I have the Arctic Cat Daylight Kit and I like it alot. I didn't think the install was as easy as the directions said, but I screwed it up a little at first. I fixed it and now it works great. I'm real happy with it.

Waco4whlr
Kyle's Pics

Old 06-07-2001, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Kyle, how've you been lately??? How's the 'Cat fairing-ever get that lug bolt situation figured out? Man, guess I'm full of questions today, how do you like that HL light kit-how much light does it really put out anyway? The 55w's I've got up front (and back as well) do good in helping out the stock headlights, but I'd like to get something that will really give me a FLOOD of light. To date, the best lights I have ever seen were the PIAA brand. Those damn things are bullet proof to say the least, and light up the night like you wouldn't believe. I had tried nearly every aftermarket light available on my pickup before a friend "gave" me the PIAA's. He had bought a set for his Toyota 2 of the regular rectangular ones, then 2 of the rectangular frame with the outter 1/4 that ion lens. Anyway, they cost him close to $900 for the set, plus the cost of the light bar. He hooked them up to his Toyota, and couldn't even turn them all on-they killed the truck! He put on another battery, then started having troubles with the truck. About a year later, he tried to get them going again, but again, they killed the truck. Being in a rather bad mood, I said I'd buy them from him, he said OK, $200 and they're yours (he and I were both rodeo'ing at the time, that was entry free money) -I was like OK, here you go! Damn those were the best lights I've ever seen. However, if they kill the Toyota, I really don't think my little kitty cat could handle them either. Anyway, just curious what you think of the HL kit, how bright they really are.

Oh, I clicked on your link, but it came up as "unable to find page" -wanted to see how it looked on your 'Cat but didn't get a chance too. Well, Best of Luck, we'll talk to you later,

Mike[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2001, 05:08 PM
Range Rover

TTaylor, where'd you get the lights and the mounts from? They look good. I have a set of warn trail lights mounted on my front rack. I like the idea of "steerable" lights, that's one thing I like better about the Foremans over the Rancher.

Old 06-08-2001, 12:58 AM
Range Rover

MY LIGHTS ARE BETTER!!! HAHAHAHAHA hehe j/k..checkem out in my sig.

Old 06-08-2001, 10:53 AM
Range Rover

Hey Cowboy! Good to hear from you also. Congrats on finishing school. I really like the light. I will admit is does not put out like you said "floods of light" like a q-beam. It really helps the cats headlights and I also think it looks pretty good. Install is fairly simple and it doesn't cost that much. It does sit up higher than a polaris or honda light so you can put some things on your rack and it doesn't get blocked.

Kyle

Old 06-08-2001, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

Utah Rancherrider,
Here is what I did. I took the climbing bars for bicycles and mounted them on the handle bars. I found the straightest ones possible. I had to spread the "C" portion apart and bend it back together once they were on the handle bars. The bike shop in Spanish Fork had them for $10. Then I bought a set of motorcycle bar ends and mounted to fit inside the climbing bars $10. I bought two small shelf brackets $1. I bought the lights from Autozone $20. They are two 55 watt about 2"X4" in size.
I then took and attached the lghts to the shelf brackets. Then mounted the shelf brackets to the climbing bars using the bolt on the bar ends. The lights came with all the wiring and an in-line fuse. I bought a relay and hooked them up so that they come on with the high beams.

Grizzly Rules,
Yours may be brighter with your 400 watts comapred to my 110 watts but I don't have to carry around an extra car battery to run my lights!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
hehehehe

Old 06-08-2001, 05:38 PM
Range Rover

LOL true. but i have since taking the handle bar lights off and just left the front rack lights on (those are running off my battery)

Quick Reply: Handle Bar mounted lights