Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

ELK HUNT

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2001, 06:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

iS Anyone comming up this fall, or has everyone back out????????
Jim

Old 06-14-2001, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

I'm still working on the wife. I've hunted up that way before. I hunted the Area around Avery. Is the area around where you are the Pan Handle zone?

Old 06-14-2001, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

Do you happen to have the dates handy again? Sorry, I lost everything when I moved back down here. I definately want to get up that way for the elk hunt, but am hoping it doesn't interfere with our own season. Steve and I have a elk hunting tradition of sorts every season, so I can't miss it. Our general deer season is Oct. 13-21, while our general elk season is Oct. 27-Nov4 -spike bull only. We both put in for cow or branched antler tags, but only time will tell if we get drawn or not. If I remember right, you had a early bull season, then a antlerless and a any elk season, is that right? Seems like you had much longer dates than we do, so I am really hoping to get out there to hunt with you. And, I'm still hoping to get out and do some scouting as well this summer, but still very busy at the moment and can't seem to get the time to get away for a few days. I'll keep you posted though for sure as to when it looks like I might have a break, maybe we can work something out.

Mike

Old 06-14-2001, 11:40 PM
Trailblazer

The reason I need to know more than anything is, I'm trying to sell my place, gunna move to elk city.But will come over for those that are comming up.If no one is going to be able to make it I need to know so I don't leave someone hanging. I WILL MAKE THE TRIP FOR WHOEVER COMES. Where I'm at now is panhandle.Cowboy I'll have to look, will let you know.
Jim

Old 06-18-2001, 02:47 AM
Trailblazer

IdahoCatman,
Don't think I'll be coming up to hunt this year. Fire season down here in Calif. is off and running. There is no way I can get off in Oct. Hopefully next year.
Keith

Old 06-18-2001, 08:28 AM
Trailblazer

Ok Keith.Thank you.
Jim

Old 06-20-2001, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider

Jim,

Thanks for checking in with us on this again.....

Man, it is in the middle of summer already & with all of the activites going on it is hard to plan ahead on hunting this fall. My Dad & I were planning on doing an Elk Hunt this fall, but with my new house & him spending $ on his house at the lake, I think we are both running out of $$ & time. It sounds like you are moving around a little up there as well.

My Dad & I appreciate the offer to make the trip up there, but right now I would say not to make any special arrangements for us. Things may change later this fall, & if they do, we will make do with whatever we can, but right now I would say it is going to be fall of 2002 before we make an Elk hunting trip anywhere. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2001, 02:54 PM
Range Rover

Not going to be able to make it this year. Going to be a new addition to our family, and I would be dead if I left that late in the game. I hope that next year would still be available. Good luck to those of you who do go, and make sure and take some good pics. Jim, thanks so much for the offer.

Waco4whlr

Old 06-20-2001, 03:50 PM
Trailblazer

Thank you for letting me know guys.The area I plan on moving to is the (ELK CAPITAL) OF the world.If everyone wants to try and make it next year that would be a much better area,more elk moose bear cat goat sheep, than anywhere in Idaho.
Jim

Old 06-20-2001, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

Please......keep us in mind (referring to the ELK CAPITAL of the world).

Thanks,

Lance

Quick Reply: ELK HUNT