Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Idiots+atvs+trees=broken quad

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2001, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My nephew, aka bushwhacker (polaris forum), used to have a extremely durable polaris magnum 500 until his 13 year old houseguest decided that she would take it for a spin without his permission. You see, his front cv boot is just about deteriorated and he has abstained from riding the quad until he can replace the boot, but his undiscerning friend just had to impress her boyfriend by riding the 650 lb crippled beast. Apparently, she was going a little too fast around a turn and lost control sending the quad into a broadslide right into a large tree thereafter the quad flipped onto its side. The aftermath of the accident left the magnum with a bent rear axle, a bent hub, a leaking rear diff, a damaged wheel, a little more camber than usual front susp., a mangled brush guard, and a twisted front rack. Needless to say he won't be accompanying dakotart and I on our next ride. I took some pics, view them at your leisure.

texascat

Texascat's Pics[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2001, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider

I hope she wasn't hurt seriously. I also hope she has a few bruises to remind her of what can happen if you ride beyond your ability.
Saw the pics, and I agree with you, the tree won. Bummer.
I wonder how many dishes the houseguest will have to wash to make up for this LOL.

Old 06-19-2001, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Texascat,

Dude that thing is messed up! I feel bad. Tell him the new 02 Cats are coming out soon if he wants to step up! We went out on Father's day thinking there would be some mud since it rained last week. DRY! No mud anywhere to be found. I did get to teacher Michelle how to shoot some. She bought a new Ruger P94 .40SW pistol and she loves it. I can't get it out of her hands. I like the new additions to the auto cat. You have personalized it well young jedi. I told you about Michelle's siter wrecking/flipping a polaris into a stock pond too so let this be a note, polaris = bad for young girls! Just Kidding polaris people. Give me a date to see if we can go ride some.

Dakota R/T