Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

List your Cat's problems, past & present

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2001 | 12:25 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]00 250 2x4 solinoid gave problem from factory p.s had it up to 45 mph downhill not bad for a kitty[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2001 | 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I've had a thermostate go out, and since I kept on riding it fairlly hard anyway I ended up blowing the waterpump gasket. That was covered underwarranty. Never had a problem with it since tho

I had my rear end go out because Arctic Cat was useing the Suzuki design still in 99 when I bought my cat. A single bearing on the rear end went out and it cut out the rear wheel power. It was covered under warranty also.

Then I shorted out my battery. My fault so I had to pay for it.

I had the carberator cleaned after about 2400 mud miles, along with a couple wires replaced because they had corroded so bad from all my mudding.

NOw this last thing is because of a wreck. I took out my left front Knuckle and CV joit. Along with my brak reasivor. I'm still trying to fix my bike from this. I have the parts, just can't get the dang CV out. As soon as I do I'll be ride ready.

All in all, with nearly 3000 REALLY REALLY hard miles I think I've been doing pretty good.

Old 09-14-2001 | 08:12 PM
|
Pro Rider

Not many problems sounds like, You ask me that's good. Let us all know if something goes wrong with your bikes, It gives us a chance to here of things to watch out for.

Old 09-16-2001 | 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

mine only has 360 miles on it since new in december 2000. the only thing i can think of was my brake lever got a little sticky but i fixed it by loosening the nut on the pivot. otherwise it still runs like new. i'm glad i got the ac.

texascat

Old 09-17-2001 | 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

In 700 miles.
-3 master cylinders.
-1 fuel gauge
-1 tail light
-1 front head light.
- oil just started to leak out the back end where the drive shaft is. Its still fine on diff oil but you can see oil around the seal of the driveshaft. Is this a bad seal????? I noticed it after I hauled sleds at Hay Days last weekend.
Thanks

Old 09-18-2001 | 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

i had the same problem when the cat was brand new. it was due to too much lube in the diff. my dealer told me to take the small screw out of the *** end of my cat's diff and pump the little bellows until no more oil comes out. sometimes they put too much oil in at the factory and when the diff gets warm the oil expands and comes out of the front of the diff making one think that the seal is bad. if there is no noticable gap between the rubber boot and the front of the diff then i'd say not to worry; however, if you see a substantial gap or just want to play it safe take the cat to the vet and let the doctor have a look at it.

if you want a second opinion ask boner or cowboy because i'm just a student while they are the professors.

texascat