Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Who's got a new 375?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2001, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many of these are out there? What do owners think of them so far?
What I'd really like to hear is how they compare in terms of acceleration and top speed to other bikes.
And please, I don't want any comments about how if speed and acceleration are all I care about I should buy a sport quad. It's not all I care about at all, I just want to be able to compare it to bikes that I've see in action so I'll be able to judge what kind of power it's making.

Any comments about high speed trail riding would be helpful too.
Thanks...

Old 10-27-2001, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

Well I got the chance to really test the 375 last weekend when I was demoing it out.

Me and freind tested the top speed and got it to an indicated 55 mph with the GPS claiming a true 48.3 mph top speed.

On the acceleration side, I'd have to say the 500 auto probaly has it by a little RIGHT as you get on the gas-- but the 375 will most probaly hang with it neck and neck with it's boost of power after abotu 10 mph. So the 500 auto has just alittle more low end torque. I noticed this because the 500 was a noticeable amount easier to break the rear tires loose when you wanted to.

As for actual drag racing. I had Noel on his 1998 Grizzly there for a compeitor. The 375 took this Grizzly off the line by about 3 bike lenghts. After about 50 ft that the Grizzly passed the 375 and just flat out RAN AWAY from it with the GPS clocking it out at 57 mph.

As for other competitors, that is soon to come. I have the 375 again for mt trip I'm taking to High Lifter this Sunday/Monday. If there are any bikes there (maybe the Team High Lifter Flat track racers) that are willing to race I'll see what the 375 does when compared to them.

Old 10-27-2001, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

Do you work at the dealership, or does the dealer actually "demo" the quads there? Around here they consider a ride around the parking lot a test ride.

Old 10-31-2001, 07:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hs anyone compared the 400 AC with the new 375 as far as torque and performance? It seems that the 375 is air cooled and is actually a bigger displacement than the 400 which is water cooled?

Old 10-31-2001, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

I'll try to get more time on my brother's 375 tomorrow, but my initial impressions are that the 375 is a little sportier than my 400, but does not seem as powerful.

I've no real means to conduct a scientific test, however, so you'll have to settle for my impressions and whatever anyone else can offer.