Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

An old debate...the oil issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2001, 05:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are most interesting, You'd swear from the way some folks avoid the synthetics they glowed in the dark, or maybe they're secretly smuglled into the US to make our motors die...

( BTW: the tempereture was at 58 degrees this evening, I had an issue where I needed high idle (about 2300rpm) to run some power equipment...for about an hour, the thing [trx350fe-aircooled] doesn't even get hot with the mobil 1 in there, the fan never came on( yes the fan works fine, but you have to work the thing to get it warm ), there's that little friction present in the motor running that stuff.

Old 12-04-2001, 01:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read your owners manual. It will tell you the grades and ratings of oil you can use. Very smart and well educated people told you what to use. No one on this board knows as much about oils and how they affect your quad than these people with phd after there names.

There are syn. and dino oils that meet these requirements, either will work fine.

Mantainence is the most important issue. Do the oil change at the proper intervals and the motor should outlast you. Neglect the motor (even with Amsoil in it) and you will make an anchor.

I do know I am not comfortable with oil salesmen (Amsoil) coming on these forums touting there product as 'the best made' or 'nothing better' ect. and next saying 'buy it from me here'. When you ask for proof of their claim, they bash you as being an ignorant a$$hole. SHOW ME SOME PROOF.

Charlie