Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

375 cutting off?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2001, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rode with a friend today that has a 2002 375. After about 15 miles he stopped and said that whenever he let all the way off the gas it just cut off. It was not a lo idle stut off more like turning the key off (immiediate). Anybody else had this problem or have any idea what it might be? Thanks much for any info.

Old 12-03-2001, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have A 2002 375 as well. I'm at about 1000 ft elevation. When I start it I turn the choke all the way towards me. After about a minute, the bike warms to the point that I have to begin moving the choke slowly to the off position or it wont idle. The idle will evetually degrade and it will shut off if the bike isn't warm, it wont idle no matter what I do sometimes. The key for me is to get on it, kill the choke and take off. After getting warm it idles like a champ. If I leave the choke on and putt around, when I stop, the 375 will die just like you describe. I gotta ask the dumb question, based on your geographic location (north and cold), was the choke still on after 15 minutes? - Sorry I had to ask.

Several riders here have changed their carb jet settings and have seen better idling and running characteristics afterwards. This thread might shed some light on the issue. Unfortunately for us 375'ers, DynoJet doesnt have a jet kit for us yet. But doing a search on "jet" should net some very good posts about buying extra Arctic Cat jets from the dealer and trying them until you hit the right combination. Cowboy and ttaylor have some good post on this subject along with a few others.

It could be something as simple as setting the idle as well. I would definately consult the dealer if the bike is still under warranty. This would probably be my first step.

Maybe some other guys will chime in that are more intelligent than myself on the subject.

Good luck!

EtherNut