Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

'02 500i Auto has arrived....

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 12:59 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And I'm one happy customer....Only got one key with this thing, is that normal? I was kinda surprised at the smell of the muffler paint burning off...I only managed to get 8/10ths miles rolled on it last nite (too damn cold) so I'm headed out today to check it out....I would like to thank all those that helped me with valuable info here in this forum - hope to be in touch soon with muddy stories...:-)

Old 03-05-2002, 01:30 PM
Range Rover

Congratulations Delta ! I hope your as happy with yours as much as I am with mine! You should have received two keys with your Machine. Good Luck and Happy riding.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-05-2002, 06:29 PM
Trailblazer

Some questions, if you can bear it...How many hours (or miles) did you log before changing the engine oil? Have you ever had a problem re-attaching the seat? (mine seems to not want to hook on the right side rear) I havent gotten over 25 MPH yet (2.5 miles), I'd like to know what people are generally getting for the top speed on this thing...How about mileage, how many miles per tankful are you getting? How does it pull those big(ger) tires? (I'll bet it's not a problem) Finally, how long was it before the brakes started to really hook up? Thanks in advance....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-05-2002, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats Delta! what colour is it? I will be getting a red 500i manual + 2500# winch on sat.. 4 more days.. 6 hours.. 46 min.. 36--no 38 seconds. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

When test driving the 500 i also noted that smell. can't say i liked it.. i like the smell of normal exhaust thank you.

I agree you should have been given two keys.

Old 03-05-2002, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

hmm you must have posted while i was writing my last post.. try this link for break in info. (oil and so on) link

Hopefully it will help. As for top speed it will go about 55mph when thoroughly broken in. But while breaking in you shouldn't go over half throttle.

I don't have the cat yet so i am not the best person to answer the rest of your questions.

Old 03-05-2002, 09:31 PM
Trailblazer

Delta,

On the seat attach ... yes there is a problem there that can be fixed easily. I'll try to find a prior post by a helpful gent on this forum who had some good instructions on how to solve the problem. Basically, the injection mold plastic where the seat latches come up from under the bike flowed beyond the mold and the excess plastic stops the latches from going all the way back. If you look closely at the plastic openings for the latches you can see the mold marks where the plastic should have stopped flowing. Simply take a sharp utility knife and open them up to the mold marks and the problem will be solved. The other gent had another caution about the linkage adjustment that I can't remember but once I cut the pastic out the seat snapped in fine. If I can find his post I'll copy it here.

Bob

Old 03-05-2002, 10:14 PM
Range Rover

HEY DUDE, congrats bud hope you enjoy , I changed the oil in my 400i at 100 miles , next be at 300 miles , my seat dont latch right either , I may try bobs fix when it warms up , 18 tonight burrrrrrr , to cold for me , ride it like you stole it , va chunky boy

Trending Topics

Old 03-06-2002, 12:29 AM
Trailblazer

Hey chunkyboy, in a normal winter I'd say 18 degrees was just "cool" not cold but this year has been very different up here. Mostly in the 40's/50's and sometimes 60's. I've been here for over 50 years and have never seen a milder winter. Kind of tuff on the the guys with the sleds as they barely got the rust off the wear bars but it worked fine for me except I only got the new snow plow out twice for marginal 6" snows. I'd like to see what she'd do on a good wet 16"er.

Bob

Old 03-06-2002, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

On the seat latch, I find that if I pull out on the latch as I pop the seat down it'll latch every time.

Hope this helps.

EtherNut

Old 03-06-2002, 08:21 AM
Range Rover

Delta, Here is the link for the seat latch fix! Seat Latch fix

Quick Reply: '02 500i Auto has arrived....