Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

AC won't run

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 02:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a 2000 300 4X4 that won't run when its cold. It won't start at all. Thinking of trading it off for A REAL FOUR WHEELER AKA (HONDA).

Old 03-29-2002, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

before you run and trade your fourwheeler in for a real machine with 4 wheel drum brakes, less suspension travel, and a pushrod motor (aka honda) you might want to check your enrichener valve to make sure its not stuck and/or frozen. to do this you need to unscrew your choke cable from the top of the carbreutor and pull the cable out with the valve on the top, while holding the vavle in your hand slowly open and close the choke lever and see if the valve is moving.

Old 03-29-2002, 03:24 PM
Trailblazer

I've seen a HONDA FOURTRAX 300 4X4 run a lot harder than any other four-wheeler especially ours and it still runs great. Our AC is burning oil badly on its first overhaul and it doesn't have much more than the 5000 miles on it. The Arctic Cat part of the four-wheeler is good. Suspension, brakes, wheel travel. But the the suziki motors are JUNK. I know three other people with AC's and the engines are acting just the same and there newer!

Old 03-29-2002, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

your motor will only last long as long as you do a good job maintaining it. i have 17,000 on my 88 suzuki lt2504wd and i have only had to adjust the valves 3 times and do regular maintenance like sparkplugs, air filter, and oil.

Old 03-29-2002, 10:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have 2000 500 Auto when its cold out it won't start until you push what i call the primer lever 3 times then it start rite up. its on the carb.. hope this helps if so let us know. good luck

Old 03-29-2002, 10:35 PM
Trailblazer

NHR, should go out and buy another quad as he says. He knows what he wants and that's a new Honda. If the Honda breaks, he'll find another manufacturer. Some people just have it all and the rest of us have to make due. I'd like to retire soon but I don't yet own an oil well. Instead of purchasing a Honda, if I were you, I'd look for a manufacturer that builds a maintenance free four wheeler... Or buy two so you can throw one way, like you plan to do with the AC.
Happy riding,
Chuck

Old 03-30-2002, 01:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

I tried out a Honda Rancher 400 4x4 before buying a 375 Cat I compared them feature for feature and the Cat came out in front "for me". I will say that if there were only one brand of any thing than this would be a poorer world. Oh by the way NewHolland I'm Deere man myself, but I'm not bashing New Holland's so there you go.

Mwy

Old 03-30-2002, 03:35 PM
Trailblazer

We live on a farm and you expect things to hold up and last a long time no matter how hard its been run. If anything would last as long as our last Ford tractor then I would say its good, but when something won't run after an overhaul and being only TWO years old you don't expect the thing to be a piece of junk like it is now. For the rest of you, we change the oil and filter every 300 miles just like the manual says. As for the john deere person, we have a john deere aka (junk deere) combine and its been the worst piece of junk we have ever had. When you go and buy parts you pay 5 times what there worth. We had to replace the hydraulic pump on the combine before, they had the pump rigged up to the motor which took THREE DAYS to get off with john deere's "Special tool". Then when we get a REBUILT pump FROM JOHN DEERE it wouldn't even work. As for the AC, it and combine must of come out of the same factory because they both have about the same build quality and its POOR.

Old 03-30-2002, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

Let me wave my magic wand! Poof...all is good in the world again.

Old 03-30-2002, 09:33 PM
Trailblazer

NHR, your excuses for having repair problems isn't enough to warrant your attitude about the AC, Deere or the Ford Tractor that you used to own. What happened? The Ford broke down and you sold it? Or did you forget about why you got rid of the tractor. Don't answer that... Go back and read some of your post. You're frustrated to hell. I don't blaim you! Some times, it just don't pay to get outta bed in the morning... ATTENTION! When everything seems to be going wrong, stop, get the wife or friend and go out to eat dinner. See a ball game, go fishin'... Take a break! Smell some roses... Now, wait until tomorrow to decide what to do about that busted equipment. We all get it some time...
Chuck