Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

New pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2002, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This time I got pictures of some mud and water with my big tires. Water cat walks are so easy with big tires, you just gas it and go. I didn't get stuck once in the mud but there were a few times where I thought I was done for. You can thank my outlaws for getting me out. Also the power is sad, there was a point where I couldn't turn my tires in 1st gear LOW !!! I hate that. I got it going but that should never happen. That big bore cat better come out in 2003 or else I will cry. Well take a look at the pictures. Also I have some pictures of my Z400 up, take a look at those too. Oh and look at my May long weekend pictures too.

Old 05-26-2002, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

Nice pics! Well looks like you finally are rid of the last of the snow.. and it is about time! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I see a few of your buddies also got new cats as well. How are they working out for them? Sorry to hear about your cv joint popping apart. I was surprised to hear that first gear low range wouldn't even turn your tires at one point.. hmmm it makes me think.. if you had a REALLY powerful quad that would still turn the tires in a situation like that.. the chassis would have to be twice as strong so that it wouldn't fall apart in really really strong resistence. I always thought that 1st gear low on an AC would never ever run out of power..

anyhoo you seem to be getting more riding time than me at this point.. I should get a digital camera for when i do go. I like the convenience of not having to scan them to post them.... and then there is the fact that you can take like a hundred..... look i am rambling again...

happy trails

mel

Old 05-27-2002, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

The snow is almost gone here, we still have enough snow to get the old cat stuck even with my outlaws on. Yah I convinced them to get some 400i's, they are working great for them, when I went riding with them they were a little down when they seen how much more power I had than them. I also am a little disapointed with the 400i's power, it was lacking allot. My CJ-joints are fine after all, I thought it was my CJ-joint on the trail but it turned out to be my axle popping out of the differential, I wish it was a CJ-Joint now. My differential is full of sand and crap now. When the 500i wouldn't turn the outlaws in 1st gear low the mud was very thick and my 98 quadrunner in the same hole with the same tires had the exact same problem but my quadrunner got stuck in the hole my cat never. I guess I could have put the cat in 2wd and then it would have spun and broke free. I actually went back into that hole later on in 2wd and I did make it, it was almost easier actually, the front end wouldn't sink at all. A more powerfull quad would have to weigh more but not much more, maybe 50lbs. You would just have to get a little bigger diameter steel for the frame and make stronger welds. The problem I think actually is when these motors make their power. The Kawasaki and Polaris motors make all their HP and Torque at low RPM's while the rest of the manufactures make all their power at high RPM's. Its not that we need bigger motors, its just that they need to make their power down low so that we can turn these tires better. You know my Suzuki Quadrunner 500 had a lower 1st gear in low than my 500i does, when I first tried my low range I thought it wasn't working because I couldn't really tell a difference between high and low. The low range in the quadrunner was a fair bit lower than my 500i low range is.

Digital camera's are great for this sort of thing, I have always wanted to get one. I got my camera used and it works great, I have taken almost 800 pictures with it to date and never a problem and it only cost my $200. I really recommend getting one, its great to have all these pictures on my computer that I can look at and bring back memories of previous adventures that I've had on my quad and with my friends. The pictures that I have on the web are only 1/5 of the quality of the ones that I have saved on my computer at home. Great detail. I love it. You should pick one up. Now I'm rambling on, talk to ya.

Old 05-29-2002, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

what camera do you have. it takes real good pics for 200 bucks. I figured you payed a fortune for it. what is its pixel resolution thing? (some cams are like 2.1 mega pixels or something..)

newf

Old 05-30-2002, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

I have a kodak DC265, its a 2.1 megapixel camera and its wonderful. I bought it used, thats why its that cheap. When it first came out years ago it was like $800 or something. But nowadays you can get a 2.1 megapixel camera for fairly cheap, probably like $350 or so? I hope I can get my cat fixed soon. Talk you later.