Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Fixed Problems and New Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed Problems and New Pics

Was posting few days ago about possible carb issue. It turned out to be a combination of 3 likely things. Luckily not electrical. The fuel on/off/res switch had a problem, the on position was flowing no fuel. Took the tank off, valve and gave her some air. Second thing was carb in general. After stipping it the needle jet was good and dirty. Well, dirtier than i would expect. So the carb got soaked then blown out with air along with parts. Third the float seemed off to me, i adjusted it as per the service manual. Out 2 turns on the pilot and put the carb back in. It started right up and has never run better! Snapped some pics while i was out (boring out alone) Click the link in my sig, then April 2nd on the left.

Old 04-02-2003, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

Lawn chair in the snow? Hahaha!......a fellow Canuck! Any beers involved in that ride? I'm stuck here in Houston for 3 more weeks.....then one more sledding trip before quad season kicks in! Can't wait!

Old 04-02-2003, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

Naa no beers this trip... snow is almost gone. Mud season is almost in!

Old 04-03-2003, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

Hey vewdew...looks like a cool little ride!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

I'm packing right now for my trip this weekend...it's gonna be cold...but that's OK!! The highs are in the 30's F....We are having an ice storm...PERFECT!!!

Not only are we gonna ride...we have a bunch of fish to fry...a couple turkeys to deep fry...and a 12 man Dutch Oven cook off!!! Not to mention a lot of cold BEEEEEER!!

I plan on getting a bunch of my pics ready for your AC madness site!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Have a good one...I'll update you later next week!!!!!

Old 04-04-2003, 09:06 AM
Pro Rider

Glad to hear you found the problem on your bike. It seems Cat had hired a blind granny to assemble carbs in those days as my float was way out to. Anybody with carb problems on 2000 or earlier might be avised to take apart & check adjustments.

Old 04-04-2003, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

Well im not a mechanic, but i can follow instruction. With the service manual in hand and this forum Ive been able to solve any issue without paying the dealer 70 bux an hour. Thanks to all on this forum for all the great suggestions and input!