Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

broke both rear axles last night without a lift,this sucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broke both rear axles last night without a lift,this sucks

Take 63 I believe all the way through jonesboro and tyronza to I 55 south to Marion,

Its right next to West Memphis, Memphis Tn

Old 04-28-2003, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider

I went camping in mt home last month stayed at eds trout dock , and went to the blanchard springs and the caves. We are up that way all the time! Its not far from here at ALL

Old 04-28-2003, 10:51 AM
Range Rover

Max- I broke both rear axles at one time in the same place you did. The splined part of the shafts broke off inside the rear diff. That makes 3 axles in 20 miles with no lift. Every axle breaks the shaft, not the CV. The shafts are too brittle.

If you find a way to contact AC directly let me know, their website says to contact them through the dealer. My dealer said AC admitted they had a problem with their axles.

I do not want the same AC bad axles, I want a credit toward the cost of Gorillas.

Read what Howie has to say about AC axles on www.dirtyhowies.com . I have also heard people refer to the Cat axles as Rice Krispies because the "snap, krackle and pop" .

Old 04-28-2003, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

There is a little mud around the lake if you know where to look. You have pretty good mud up there? Maybe sometime I can come show ya'll a thing or two [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2003, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

Got Muddy

You better sharpen the claws on that CAT, cause the mighty Mississippi river mud can leave you bachoe stuck if you know what I mean. We ride every weeked and every other day with a ATV club In Memphis, come join us if you think you have waht it takes!

Old 04-28-2003, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

Check out my video's. I was also in the marengo 2002 video.

Old 04-28-2003, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

where are your videos at?

Old 04-29-2003, 12:20 AM
Trailblazer

You guys seem to be having lots of trouble with the rear axles on the independents.Maybe you should consider trading for a straight rear axle machine.I know this will cost you some ground clearance but I am not sure it will affect your mudding as much as you think depending on the mud consistancy(sloppy mud should not be a problem.The staight axle will be alot tuffer.Our farm has a 500 AC (ACT REAR) and it seems real trouble free.We haul big loads and pull huge wagons,no problems.Just a thought.

Old 04-29-2003, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

hey got mud its me mudbuster. well here is the latest. my dealer told be they were not going to warrenty my bike because i broke one about 4 weeks ago and they said my bike has a flag on it. i think he is blowing smoke up my you know what. good news is i went my jasons shop this is the guy who make gorilla joint and i am bringing him my axels in the moring. he is going to build them from the ground up. he got to looking at how they broke. it had a twisting effect to it. meaning the shaft is extremly soft. he said when he gets finished i can run a 3 inch lift if i want. so i am keeping my tires. it is going to take about a month he said because of all the r&d but it is going to be well worth it. i am getting all four done. this way i can get back to what i like to do mudride. man that will put it at around 19 are 20 inches of clearance and a locker. i think i can live with that. i will keep yall informed on the progress.

Old 04-29-2003, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

MAx

How will you get that big of ground clearance on your bike.

Are the shafts extended when built or something?

Explain it to me

Quick Reply: broke both rear axles last night without a lift,this sucks