Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Muffler mod pics. YOU GUYS HAVE GOT TOO SEE THIS

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 03:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler mod pics. YOU GUYS HAVE GOT TOO SEE THIS

Go to my pics and click muff mod

for those who know, take a look at how clogged my exit baffle was! You cant even tell there is 3) 1/2 inch holes there. The whole thing had about 1/2 inch of mud dried to it. You can see the only one that was letting air out if it had a hole about the size of a phillips head screw driver!
I had to chisel the mud out of the baffle holes!

But i got her going good. You can still tell a little bit more difference in the super trapp. All though if i new the stock pipe would have produced this much power, i would have not bought the super trapp

Old 05-03-2003, 03:37 AM
Pro Rider

sorry go to stock cat!! in My arctic cat crazy pics

Old 05-03-2003, 06:02 PM
Trailblazer

First, is the locker you have the Dirty Howies or something else? I am going to send mine off to howie Monday, I was wondering just how bad is the steering after the locker is installed? I have looked over some of the latest posts and I have notices everyone else is breaking axles, I am going to send off and start replacing the axles with Gorilla's at a cost of $325 or 350(I think that is what they said)each, it is gonna get expensive. Also does anyone know if the addition of the gorillas will allow for a Lift kit without fear of CV joint failure?(I installed a lift kit and lunched a CV in a matter of a few min.) Has anyone else got any gorillas installed yet?

Anyway, I tried to get the inner tube out of my exhaust pipe today, and had no luck, do you have to cut it at the very end? Also, what exactally are you modifying on your exhaust? I was trying to get the end off to remove the downturned exhaust outlet, and install a tube to adapt a exhaust snorkel. Is that what you are trying to do?

Has anyone tried to snorkel the Air box by running the intake out the back end of the bike paralell to where you would normally run the exhaust snorkel?

Old 05-03-2003, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

First of all sending your diff in to howie is the best choice for a locker!

2nd
You have to remove both caps, because it is tack welded, at the end where the down spout is!

3rd. i cut my inner tube a little over half, "right beside the last spot weld that you can see on the inner tube!

Next i cutt off the extra pipe that is sticking up inside of the Muffler so that the air doesnt travel up and then down the spout!

I dont not run a liftMaximus is getting gorillias!

And yes it would probly be a good Idea to run your intake snorkel from the rear of the box
But you have to allow for the suspension and such!

Old 05-04-2003, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

i am getting the gorillas made right now. they are going to be a completly new axel from end to end. i put the lift back on today so when the gorillas get ready i am going to be ready. the muffler mod is the way to go as well. i did what you were talking about. i cut a 2 inch hole in the back of the endcap and had a pipe made to go up just to the top of my back rack. i use a muffler clamp to hold it on. thay way if you want to take it off just have to take off 2 bolts. another good idea is get a boat drain plug and put it in the bottom of your airbox where your factory duckbill is. this is worthless. also might want to but a bead of silicone around where your airbox meets the lid. and run all your vents up to the handlebars. and you need to run a vent where your weep hole is. this in on the bottom of where your waterpump is. you can see a little duckbill there. i ran mine to the bars and put a one one filter in so i could see if it leaks. if it does leak means your water pump seal is bad. also put a one way fule filter on the hose comming off the radiator. this will keep dirty water being sucked back in your radiator. i welded my front diff. i had to take out the rear diff because of 2 broken cvs. the shaft was inside the diff. anyway was thinking about just putting the rear diff in the front before i welded it up and it will work. and it is a lot cheaper the dirty howies locker. you would need to buy some of the shims to get it just right but it will work.

Old 05-04-2003, 07:33 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for all of the outstanding info!!!

Those Yammies and Hondas that I ride with wont stand a chance when I am finished...

Maximus, With your snorkel andeverything, how deep have you had it? have you ever had any problems with the electricals?

Howie has the locker on sale this month, so I am going to take advantage, $250 usd with shipping...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Where can you get the internals from a rear Diff, My dealer says I can't get any of the internals, and a rear was about $400+(I dont remember the exact ammount) I was considering trying to purchase a second front cage and clutches and send one of them to Howie or the internals from a Rear Diff, and have the other Stock in case I thought the thing drove really bad... Dealer said I couldn't get any of em...

Thanks again for your help This Fourm Rocks!!!

Old 05-04-2003, 07:41 AM
Trailblazer

Also, I must have cut mine too close to the center of the main tube, I could not get the end cap off, Oh well, I will get it soon...

I looked over the rear end of my cat and it looks like I could snorkel it from the back end of the Airbox and run it rught down the center of the bike and not have to worry about heat, space, Suspension, or much of anything. It is a straight shot from the back of the Airbox to the rear end. I was wondering if anyone has tried this setup? If not, why not?

Well gotta go, Gotta ride today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

When you get some pics of the whole thing I would love to see it!!!

Thanks again for the help.

Old 05-05-2003, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

go to alphasports.com The web page is under construction, but call them and speak to PAT! HE can help you out. thats is where i got mine from.

The rear ring gear is cheaper than the front, and the rear will work in the front, I DO BELIEVE. You will not have to weld or anything becasue the rear is already Positive trac. but you do what you want. Howie is the best bet!

Just order you a neww ring gear from alpha that goes in to the front

Old 05-05-2003, 09:27 PM
Trailblazer

Maximus, when you welded up your front diff, how did you do it? Did you simply weld up the valley on a spider gear? If so did you weld it up nearly solid? or allow for some limited slip. I think after seeing my diff apart, I want to simply weld it, but I am not sure if I should weld it solid or allow for some limited slip...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

If I can get a rear ring to fit, I think that is the way to go(assuming I can order one, I have sent an e-mail toAlpha sports to ask then about it).

I will also call them in the morning. Thanks for the info CatKrazy...

Old 05-05-2003, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

do a search for shes locked

and follow exactly what i did!

DONT NOT ALLOW FOR ANY SLIP!

I did this the first time and i busted my housing! Your diff has a factory backlash that will allow for some slippage,dont add any more!

Quick Reply: Muffler mod pics. YOU GUYS HAVE GOT TOO SEE THIS