ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

best atc for a big guy

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best atc for a big guy

well it depends, if your lookin for somthing to race with, the 250R is good, but if you race it, you gotta rebuild the top end, and 2 strokes are HIGH mantiance, while the 4 stroke, is simple. gas it, change oil and filter, your good. even if its 15 years old, the 4 stroke didnt lose as much power as the 2 stroke. ID buy a 2 stroke in a heart beat if it wasnt the fact that they wear out racing it 500 hours, or less. but if ya like playin mechinic, then go for it!

Old 03-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best atc for a big guy

I do not understand were you guys get these notions that 2 stroke are high mantinance, I ride mine all the time with no problems at all, all I do is add gas/oil and service the service points. Yes a four strock may last a little longer but you also have to keep the valves in check and you failed to mention how much more money it cost to rebuild a 4 stroke over a 2 stroke. There is practically no parts to a 2 stroke compaired to a 4 stoke and you dont have to be very smart at all to rebuild a 2 stoke and you can do it in less that half the time. my nephew is only 13 and after going over the top end rebuild just a couple of times with him he had it down pat, he is 13 and can tell you all you need to know about the topend rebuild of a 2 stroke, torque specs and all.