ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Riding to the max on a 3wheeler

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-1999 | 11:54 PM
Range Rover

Four wheeler's are for those who need a training wheel. I love my '85 ATC250r and wouldn't trade it for ANY four wheeler. I think the '86/'87 Tecate had to be the best looking trikea and in my opinion the fastest stock, if I park my '86 Tecate next to the 250r the Tecate just grabs your eye, even though the 250r is all redone and customized/dragged out. My friends and I all ride 250r's and haven't had any quad beat us in a drag race yet. All you trike lover's check out this site:
www.angelfire.com/ak2/threewheelio/index.html

Site is OK but go to message board for three wheeler talk.
Always remember, three wheeler's aren't unstable, their riders are.

Old 12-14-1999 | 08:54 PM
Trailblazer

Hello fellow lunatics. You know danm well that according to the CPSC, that these things are dangerous. However, these are the only Japanese bikes that Harley dudes respect. I've been riding three wheelers since 1984. We bought a 1982 185s and the rest is history. I had the bike for about 1 1/2 years and was caught by the police while riding from my friend's house to mine (I was 13 at the time.) I then decided to GET A FASTER BIKE!!!!. Shortly after, I bought a 1984 ATC250R and never looked back.....even with the cops on my tail as I ditched into a nearby trail (had it for approx 2 years) and loved it. The bike was great until I sunk it in a pond while mud-bogging. It was never the same again. I quickly sold it and within 1 week stumbled upon the most awsome machine I had ever seen....the 1986 ATC250R! (One benefit of the ban on ATC's...lots or ex-racers selling bikes) Not just any ordinary ATC...this was a Factory HRC 250R. Complete with a fully modified Paul Turner motor(...before the days of Duncan Racing...the original), flat track tank kit, Westcoast extended swingarm and Durablue axel..MUCH MUCH MORE (extra everything, motor, carbs, cylinder, reed cages, pipes, gasgets, pistons, EVERYTHING). When I first saw it it was slammed down for Flat Track Racing. It ran on VP/CAM2/Airplane 100 octane fuel.
This was huge for a 15 year old. It took me six months before I raised it up to normal height. Awsome. Unfortunately, I traded it in 1993(?) for a 1986 300ZX when I was in college...I REALLY NEEDED A CAR. Well, I crashed the car into a tree the 3rd time I drove it, and have regretted it ever since. Anyway, I now own an 1985 250R and a 1986 250R...is in the NOV 99 4 Wheel ATV Action "Readers Rides" Section. THE MORAL...NEVER SELL OR TRADE YOUR ATC250R FOR ANYTHING. THEY ARE VERY HARD TO REPLACE!!! These bikes are here to stay. Ride on three wheeler fans!!!

Old 12-14-1999 | 09:43 PM
Trailblazer

People call me insane! They tell me to sell my 250r and get a quad.They say, get real your going to kill yourself on that thing. Well I visited reality once and HATED it!!! REAL MEN CAN DO IT ON THREE!!!!!!!

Old 12-14-1999 | 09:43 PM
Trailblazer

People call me insane! They tell me to sell my 250r and get a quad.They say, get real your going to kill yourself on that thing. Well I visited reality once and HATED it!!! REAL MEN CAN DO IT ON THREE!!!!!!!

Old 12-17-1999 | 02:12 PM
Trailblazer

I'm glad to see all the trike riders out there--a couple years ago I used to post in the ATC section all of the time and get very few responses, just Philzie mainly.

Three wheelers are excellent machines to learn to ride on. I learned on one of the worst trikes ever--a 1981 Kawasaki KLT200. That thing handled like a lumber wagon, but it is what taught me to ride the way I do now. All of the body english required to turn, slide, etc is exaggerated on a trike and when you step over to a quad the riding is almost effortless.

The ATC250R's are bad machines. I had one up until a few weeks ago--I had to let it go and I kick myself for it.

Oh Well... Life goes on with my quad!

Derek Osthoff

Old 12-17-1999 | 09:37 PM
|
Range Rover

I dont think I will ever get rid of my atc.
I like it to much to sell it for so cheap...its not worth anything but to me.

'till the day I die, or die on it.

Old 12-20-1999 | 09:27 PM
Range Rover

I'll give up my trikes when someone pries the handlebars from my cold, dead hands.

Old 12-24-1999 | 06:22 PM
Trailblazer

Sure am glad to find a site like this I am a true 3 wheeler fan, I bought a new 250r in 82 and rode it for a while until I saw the 83 and fell in love. I bought the 83 in January 83 and had a blast for years, why lie about it these things are not good for real deep mud holes or deep snow but get them on the open trails and look out. If used reasonable they are as safe as any other dirt machine. I think one of the main reasons they got BANNED was because of all the ---holes who thought well I can ride these. They may take a little more getting used to but put in the right hands they are a true Blast. I get a kick out of the new quads turning radius I guess 6' is real good well hell I could turn this in 3' or less. Everyone on here have fun on your 3 wheelers and we all know we only need the 3rd wheel to steer, ha-ha-ha have fun seeya.

Old 12-27-1999 | 03:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

I agree with you guys,Three wheelers are great. I own and have been riding my 86' 250R three wheeler for four years now. It started bone stock but is now very modified. 0.080 overbore,pipe/silencer,ported,+4 swingarm-what a difference that made. All my buddies think I am nuts for riding this bike,they rag on it constantly. It is mint,just rebuilt from frame up and I go everywhere they do and love to jump it. They just don't understand what it takes to ride a three wheeler, and they never will.

Old 12-27-1999 | 10:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

My friends are giving me a hard time when I mention my possibly buying an ATC 250 R. I think they dont want me to smoke them on their $5000 Banshee! I just need to find one in good condition. Probably have to check out California if I want a mint machine.

LAterz,

RoostKing...

[This message has been edited by RoostKing (edited 12-28-1999).]

Quick Reply: Riding to the max on a 3wheeler