ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

complete trike rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 02:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default complete trike rebuild

You have to learn somehow. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] how is the rest of the project going?

Old 04-23-2004, 02:56 AM
Range Rover

everything else is coming along pretty good,i got the frame all sanded ,primed and painted,and i will be doing all the plastics this weekend,i also bought a bench grinder and put a wire wheel on one side and thats been helping alot,it cleans smaller parts and screws and bolts and makes them look brand new again so that was definatly a good investment,now i just need to work on getting the filler screw out in the rearend,after that i wanna sand and paint the rearend and swing arm then i will reassemble the chasis with new bearing all around ,then the hard part will follow the engine and transmission,then after that i'll be ready to bolt it up get a new sticker kit and ride...

Old 04-23-2004, 03:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sounds great. You are putting a lot of work into it, BUT it will be all worth it in the end.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'm glad you decided to do it yourself...Like mrfixit said, it gives you bragging rights!!!! If you think about it get some pictures of it while you are working on it. We all love to see a trike in progress and then seeing the finished project. Most of us in the 3-wheeler forum are like the people in a model "T" club.......we love to see the old things restored. They are getting slim, so restoring them helps bring them back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-23-2004, 03:14 AM
Range Rover

yeah i'll be sure to get some pics,i can't get a befroe pic since it's in peices but i can get some pics of it along the way and the finished product,if i can't get a digi cam in time i'll be sure to buy a few rolls of film for the ole 35mm camera and scan some pics on here.. I think i'll beable to complete this project without too many major problems and if this one goes good i'll be definatly buying another project soon after this one is done,as much as i'd love to be out riding my trike i am having a ton of fun rebuilding the whole thing,at least when i get my next project afterwards,i'll have my freshly built yamaha to ride still ,so then it'll be the best of both worlds..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]