ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

I did it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I did it!!!

The stumble is in the mid to top range, mostly top. I havent looked at the plug yet.

Old 04-14-2004, 11:23 PM
The Facility
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I did it!!!

Ryan,

First of all,....... remove and clean your carburetor if you haven't done it already. Check the float valve and float level while you are in there. if the valve is worn, that isn't helping your situation.
You can get a carburetor rebuild kit for around $20 that will include this float valve. I see that you are still running the stock steel fuel tank. Replace your fuel filter.

Then,....Buy a few spark plugs along with a few main jets. Get 2 below your current size and 2 above your current size. This will give you a feeling for what jetting you will need. Start doing some jetting runs according to your shop manual. If you don't have a manual, you need to get one. You will need it for your carb rebuild and also explains how to properly do a sparkplug check.

Whether any of this fixes your problem, it will surely run better regardless. 2 strokes run best when "tweaked to the peak"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]