ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Tired of being stupid.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 10:41 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tired of being stupid.

i can't even get my engine apart so theres no chance i'll even understandhow to rebuild it anyone know how much labor would cost me here in canada here the list of parts i want to replace in the engine-
cyl head gasket
gasket
o-ring
cylinder gasket
o-ring piston
rings piston pin
intake valve
exhaust valve
valve stem seal
tensioner gasket
pump cover gasket
all the cranck case gaskets
and all 3 shift forks in the tranny
this is costing me over $700 in parts already,i'm doing the chasis myself it's halfway there,i can't afford to get anyone to do the engine anytime soon,so i'm stumpted on what to do,i'm to the point where i might just part out the bike i really love this bike and would love to get it finished cause if i sell it i have to many bills to afford another anytime soon,so any input on my problem would be great let me know what you guys would do????I'm just sooooo frusteratedat this point..

Old 04-26-2004, 05:24 AM
Range Rover

yes i got the manual and i didn't order all the parts so i'm gonna bring it to a mechanic i think and see what he thinks should be replaced then i'll use the money i save from not buyin unnecessary parts and use that for the labor cost..

Old 04-26-2004, 05:25 AM
Range Rover

cyl head gasket
gasket
o-ring
cylinder gasket
o-ring piston
rings piston pin
intake valve
exhaust valve
valve stem seal
tensioner gasket
pump cover gasket
all the cranck case gaskets
and all 3 shift forks in the tranny

So could someone help me with somthing outta this list of parts what parts do i really need the problem with my bike is that it needs rings cause it burns oil and theres bent shift forks cause from neutral to first it clunks into gear and it's hard to shift throught the gears while driving so outta that list could someone pick out the parts i need and don't need ,i do need a timing chain cause i can hear mine making noise.

Old 04-26-2004, 04:17 PM
Range Rover

Well i got everything figured out now,i need rings,a cam chain cause mine is streacheda cylinder gasket and a head gasket,and that is gonna cost me $100.00 tax included from yamaha and theres a very reputable motorcyle and small engine mechanic around here that said it'll take 1.5-2 hours labor and his hourly rate is $44 ,so now rather than $700 in parts it's only gonna cost me $200 parts and labor at the most,and another good thing theres a bearing shop here that will match up bearings and seals for ya if you have the part number or you bring them in and there way cheaper than the dealer,i've noticed there usually at least 60% cheaper and they seem to last longer,so i'm in a awsome mood again cause my trike should be done by may...