ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

atc trying to climb a tree

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atc trying to climb a tree

i think he ment racing like supercross or mx or somthing..

pondrunner- are you saying that ur 110 can climb any hill that his lt250R can??

Old 05-19-2004, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

i should get some pics of me skimmin some puddles on my 200s. the only problem is the puddles might be dry before i get a chance to use the digital camera.

Old 05-19-2004, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

bootboss is right, i did mean racing, but i also meant every other part of riding other than "BIG MONEY drag racing" and really really tight trails. atc's just dont climb hills as well as quads, theres no way in hell a 3 wheeler would make it up one of those "heuvos" hills unless it had huge amounts of money into it. theres no way a 3 wheeler can out jump a quad either!!.I have beaten 350x's, although there isnt any nice ones around here, i beat one real bad and the other one was a bit closer since he was piped jetted and ported.as for a 200s, my freind has one and when we go out he wont even take it since it cant keep up, so he takes his bros 300ex.and as far as the water issue goes, i can go through pretty near nething as long as i can wheelie it through so water doesnt get in my air box, and anything that has a decent run off i can probaly hydroplane it...the only 3 wheelers i have anyyy respect for are the 350x, tecate,atc250r and the tri-z. other than that quit braggin about how your 200s is so powerful cuz your front wheel can go up a tree...
OUT

Old 05-19-2004, 07:48 PM
Range Rover

i dont have to worry about water in my air box. Cuz mine will float on water unlike your quad. And three wheelers can go any hill it wants to. All you have to lean forward and the front tire. And it will go right up. It might even do better than that your quad.
I think that a three-wheeler thats been around for 20 years with out being and still runs damn good is tuffer than any quad.

Old 05-19-2004, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

no, not true. though 3wheelers are great, in most cases they can be outdone by a quad. dont get me wrong, i love the trikes, but they are showing their age. and no, a threewheeler wont climb anything that a 4wheeler will. though they can do many things, i know from expierence that for hillclimbing, they are close, but limited. they are limited mostly by the skill of the rider. as for the floating issue, also not true. i know from expierence that a 200s with the the stock 22inch tires will not float with the operator on it. hop off, and yes, indeed it will float. also, the air box can easily fill with water. the wave of water spilling over the front tire will quite often reach the level of the airintake. a big red 200 on the other hand has 25inch tall tires and it will infact float operator and all.(yes, i know from experence) as for toughness, they are very tuff, but when you say tougher than any quad, your just not thinking. theres an exception to everything.

Old 05-20-2004, 12:33 AM
Range Rover

I know that three wheelers have limits but can out do some quads. But for the floating part mine will. If I get in real deep water I have to bounce on it so it will it the bottom and go.thats with stock 22 on the back. But for the front its not stock and it won't float. The front will sit lower if you get in deeper water. NAd mine will hills better than I thought it would. All you have to do is learn over the gas tank. But mine is showing some age on. But some are not showing age as much. But the only thing I haven't tested it in is mud. And I would like to but its theres not that much mud were I ride at.

But I still haven't seen a quad try to climb a tree.

Old 05-20-2004, 04:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NovaLT250R
bootboss is right, i did mean racing, but i also meant every other part of riding other than "BIG MONEY drag racing" and really really tight trails. atc's just dont climb hills as well as quads, theres no way in hell a 3 wheeler would make it up one of those "heuvos" hills unless it had huge amounts of money into it. theres no way a 3 wheeler can out jump a quad either!!.I have beaten 350x's, although there isnt any nice ones around here, i beat one real bad and the other one was a bit closer since he was piped jetted and ported.as for a 200s, my freind has one and when we go out he wont even take it since it cant keep up, so he takes his bros 300ex.and as far as the water issue goes, i can go through pretty near nething as long as i can wheelie it through so water doesnt get in my air box, and anything that has a decent run off i can probaly hydroplane it...the only 3 wheelers i have anyyy respect for are the 350x, tecate,atc250r and the tri-z. other than that quit braggin about how your 200s is so powerful cuz your front wheel can go up a tree...
OUT
Sorry brother but you need to ride with me sometime in the woods of Missouri!!!!!! I have had my belly on the handle bars going up some hills, and the bike still had more, I have went up hills I never would of walked up! You are correct on the jumping, I quad wins hands down. I have cleaned the clock on all 2 wheel drive quads in water and mud! ( I have no chance on the TANK 4 wheel drive bikes) I bet you will add the slightly modded 200x to you list of respect. Bring it on!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-20-2004, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

Come ride with me in Nova Scotia and well see if your 200x deserves respect...LOL

Old 05-21-2004, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

i dont know about the front sinking.. it will do pretty much what you want. if i want to cross reely deep stuff i lean back and let the front tire float on the surface, but if you need to turn the front will sink too. they dont float, but because they have tires which contain air(less dense than water) naturally they will tend to want to float. they may be very close to floating, but given a deep enought puddle, they would sink out of sight if you didnt think to bail off.

also, the camera is home, so i will try to get some nice updated pics sometime.