ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Proper 4 stroke break-in?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 12:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proper 4 stroke break-in?

PlatinumDogg....its been a couple days...have you played with the break in yet?, how did the engine run?

Old 06-13-2004, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

Go to this site and read the article: http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
This man says to break it in right yoiu have to load the rings quite a bit. It is a long aticle but it is very informative and is well worth the time to read it and these ways are supposed to apply to any 4-stroke and to me it makes alot of scence, but what do I know.

Old 06-13-2004, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

wow...i wish i had that page before i started my break-in, i didnt baby the machine but i didnt go hard on it either, i guess i will change the oil now and pound the **** out of it lol so the rings seat better, cuz this thing is smoking at startup, but it goes away after that..is that normal for break in or no...?

sean

Old 06-13-2004, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

Well thrash, iv had better days..it doesnt want to idol, only starts up when its cold unless im jump starting it cuz my battery is dead..i think it over heats somewhat cuz it losses power after a longer run, but comes back after its cooled down, but no signs of overheating[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img], but other than, when she is running, its pretty damn strong[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img], my buddy came over on his 125 tri-moto, lol i probally have triple the torque he does lol, i dusted him in a little drag race, but yeah i think i need a carb kit

right now im running a 95 main jet, when i get the kit its gonna run lean, what do u think i should run for a jet size then

thx a bunch sean

Old 06-13-2004, 02:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: PlatinumDogg
Well thrash, iv had better days..it doesnt want to idol, only starts up when its cold unless im jump starting it cuz my battery is dead..i think it over heats somewhat cuz it losses power after a longer run, but comes back after its cooled down, but no signs of overheating[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img], but other than, when she is running, its pretty damn strong[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img], my buddy came over on his 125 tri-moto, lol i probally have triple the torque he does lol, i dusted him in a little drag race, but yeah i think i need a carb kit

right now im running a 95 main jet, when i get the kit its gonna run lean, what do u think i should run for a jet size then

thx a bunch sean
I had talked to Knowsalot about jets awhile back...he said that Honda always ran the bike a little on the lean side.....He knows what he is talking about! So with the new piston a 100 would be pretty good start, but I would get a aftermarket air filter like Moose or K&N to help out a little.

I would not stress about the smoke on the bike!!!!!! Mine did that for the first 2 days I rode it, after that it NEVER smokes!... As far as the poor runnung hot...I will have to think about that a little, maybe your a touch lean already and you are getting a touch too much heat????

Old 06-13-2004, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, the whole thing just bogged down on me yesterday, and i was scared.. i was like 4km from home..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]..i thought that i blew something, but i let it sit for awhile and it fired right back up no problems. I dunno, i set the mixture screw 3 turns out, so i think im gonna have to rejet it and carb kit forsure to save my arm,

But i ll update if anything else should happen

Sean

Old 06-13-2004, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

ahhhhhhh, that sucks. By buddy left my house in his ford car and i raced him down the road and smoked his ***. Well 1000ft down the road it started to bog, well of coarse it quit. Its a custon 250sx and doesnt have electric start. so im sitting in the road kickin this thing. come to find out im out of gas. Feel like an idiot when that happens. So i had to push it home. Of course this little story is going no where so ill stop.