ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

The 200m wont stay running:(

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The 200m wont stay running:(

MY brother took my trike out yesterday, said he rode it normally, some mud boggin and then he brought it home and washed it and put it away.

THis morning i went to fire it up, always starts first or second pull..nothing, after about 10, then it caught on a little bit and finally came to life. Let it warm for about 20-30 seconds, andi started going, so i hammered it and all it did was sputter and then die. IT never does that..so get it running, and it doesnt want to idol either so im on the throttle trying to keep it running, get the machine hot to the touch start going and about 30 ft later it just died....

LEt it sit awhile, ripped the carb off, cleaned it, cleaned the air filter, new spark plug....fresh gas......this was about 3 hours later wheni fired it up again, so its running, just barely staying alive, now the mcahine isnt sputtering no more, so im like sweet, maybe it fixed itself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Wrong, about a min after when the machine was warmed up, it jus died again....no luck with starting again, not even one fire!

Its like, once its warm, it dies out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

But how does a machine thats running perfectly on friday, turn into this after one ride:S

What do you guys think might have happend?

Old 09-27-2004, 02:52 AM
Pro Rider

well wheni had my 200x my fuel mxture screw fell of and it would idle then it would die off. but thats wierd. mabe the cdi or coil is fried. mabe when the bike is running its warm and then you try starting it back up it wont? if that happens if could be your cdi, oh does it have a cdi box?

Old 09-27-2004, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

yup, it certainly does have one

Old 09-27-2004, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

i mean a cdi BoX. well if it has a cdi pulse unit it could be your cdi inside which looks like a small black cube and has a fireing mark line. well that could be fried. once when the bike is warm and you turn it off and try to start it back up it wont. if that happens it could be that. well tell me what it exactly does ill try to help.

yahoo messenger: bravo_atc@sbcglobal.net
Msn Messenger: twin_turbo98@msn.com

Old 09-27-2004, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

alright, i will get on it tonight for sure..thanks for all the help

Old 09-27-2004, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

i actully have a spare one of those some where, the cdi pulse thingy..illl try to find it n swap out

Old 09-30-2004, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

You may have already fix it but what the hell let me say a few things. Why don't you just try a new spark plug! I use to have problems like that after i washed mine. Simple water gets in the spark plug place and then it gets wet and then nothing. But also try that other thing everyone is talking about too.

Old 02-01-2005, 09:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

I had the same problem with my 200s. I thought was the spark, and i thought it was the carb. I ended up rebuilding the carb and getting a new coil, plug, and air filter. but it still had the problem. It would start up, run but after about 10 mins it would pop and die. Then sometimes it would run choked for a few minutes after that, then it would die again and not run. So i was trying to start it, and i took the gas cap off and it started right up. I left it off and it ran great. Turns out the cap wasnt venting like it should have, and that was keeping the gas from flowing the way it should. Try taking the cap off, or leaving it on only partially. Also try spraying carb cleaner in the two holes in the bottom of the cap.

Old 02-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

i just realize that thread was posted in september, it definetly fixed by now

Old 02-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

PlatinumDogg, Haven't you and your brother learned, not to let each other ride your trikes, You 2 always break each others stuff! LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: The 200m wont stay running:(