ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

what dose it take for a 250r to beet a raptor660

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what dose it take for a 250r to beet a raptor660

i was at glamis with some of my friends and they had a raptor we never got to drag but i know i would have got beat what do i need to keep up. THANKS

Old 01-12-2005, 01:05 AM
Range Rover

get him on the take off, he will probably pass you but you will catch up around 3rd gear. thats on a trike, a quad is around 100lbs heavier. so cheat j/k you should be good with a pipe and if you keep the front end down you can make it a close race. if the rappy has engine mods then your in trouble so start cheap with new sprockets, reed and re-jet your carb (try to get a 38mm then re-jet that). if your racing up olds, watch out for that first whoop then lean back even if you think its going to wheelie and skim across the rest.

Old 01-12-2005, 05:55 AM
Pro Rider

I personally have beat nearly every 4 stroke out there(haven't raced either 450 though). This was stock for stock on dirt and I weighed about 235. I haven't ridden any piped Raptors but I know that they are pretty choked up in stock form so one with a pipe/filter could very well beat an ATC. Basically if you want to beat them do as Lorenzo said. I recommend you first get a new Filter set-up, followed by exhaust, carb and rejet, reeds, milled head or Pro Design head with interchangeable domes, and some port work. That should make you very close to a modded Raptor and probably modded 450's.

Old 01-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

when i race my friends on their stock r's i have no problem beating them on the hill, my friend who as a stock bore r, with the head ported to the max, still hangs on to me very good, i still beat him by a length or two. if your lighter thatn your friend is, then have your head proted and youll beat him. this is all pending you have a decent exhaust also.

Old 01-12-2005, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

CTracingraptor has a rappy that looks to be fairly modded by your sig. When i had my 01 I had a DMC pipe and a prodesgin kit. I raced a 86 ATC250r running the same paddles as me and I could only get him by about 1 length on average, and if i screwed up he won. His R had a full exhaust system (i dont remember the brand) and aftermarket reeds and a weisco piston.

Old 01-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

yeah my bike is modded but nothing major by all means, and when i voiced my opionion i was imposing that this was when my bike on had the ehaust on it. still 250r aint got nothing on my fat A$$. you cant compare a 3 wheeler to a atv, the 3 wheelers are lighter than the allready light 250r atv. the easyily weigh almsot twice as much as my rappy, i though the ol' r's weighed in under 280?

Old 01-12-2005, 05:18 PM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the only raptor ive been beat by ( and i dont go around racing them all day) was a 686 12:1 or 13:1 compression and god knows what else. quick bike walked on me good on the flats, but for what it was, it didnt run like the 450's do when modified. he was also on gas. id like to race 344pv's raptor with some nice chassis and suspension mods and minor bolt ons only because i know todd can ride good and lot of guys ive raced on raptors cant or dont bother racing.

even a piped raptor is really no match for a mildly modified R. ive beaten them on my buddies bike which is still on ORIGINAL BORE AND PISTON just pipe and K&N.

i feel bad for your buddy by the way, CTraptor. a fully/good ported stock cylinder should be laying down around 40whp on gas and at around 100lbs lighter, your bike wouldnt even have a chance. kudos to you if you do beat him though. its mostly rider and that goes double for trikes. who ported your friends cylinder, what pipe and carb?

Old 01-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Trailblazer

Get your bike ported, 38-39 carb and a decent pipe and you shouldn't have any problems with piped raptors, I know I have both and my raptors putting out 10 more Hp, but weighs in about 90 lbs more

Old 01-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

ctracingraptor has quite the hot g/f. nice going man. btw- i would like to come home to someone like her, but you got her and her friend!

i think they should be even races just because the rappys power, in the midrange, the 250r will beat it off the line tho.

Old 01-12-2005, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: HA2
the only raptor ive been beat by ( and i dont go around racing them all day) was a 686 12:1 or 13:1 compression and god knows what else. quick bike walked on me good on the flats, but for what it was, it didnt run like the 450's do when modified. he was also on gas. id like to race 344pv's raptor with some nice chassis and suspension mods and minor bolt ons only because i know todd can ride good and lot of guys ive raced on raptors cant or dont bother racing.

even a piped raptor is really no match for a mildly modified R. ive beaten them on my buddies bike which is still on ORIGINAL BORE AND PISTON just pipe and K&N.

i feel bad for your buddy by the way, CTraptor. a fully/good ported stock cylinder should be laying down around 40whp on gas and at around 100lbs lighter, your bike wouldnt even have a chance. kudos to you if you do beat him though. its mostly rider and that goes double for trikes. who ported your friends cylinder, what pipe and carb?
Bring it on Sucka

Quick Reply: what dose it take for a 250r to beet a raptor660