ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

KLT 110 Trans?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 06:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KLT 110 Trans?

I was riding my 85 KLT 110 sunday in some snow and all of a sudden the chain came off.. stuck the chain back on and it wouldnt go.. i tried all the gear's now i can only shift through 2 gears then its "jammed" so i guess i blew the transmission? heh i dont blame it lol im not a easy rider and its been year's even though 3rd gear has been gone for a while lol.. anyways i was wondering how hard is it to change the transmission on these and how much would a new one be

Old 03-23-2005, 01:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default KLT 110 Trans?

Any help on this?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2005, 10:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default KLT 110 Trans?

err alright can someone at least tell me if i haft to split the motor to get to the trans am i the only one with this ATV or something[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2005, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default KLT 110 Trans?

Give it a day or two until KNOWSALOT or ThrashAndCrashUntilItsTrash (Mike) are on. you will get your answer young grasshopper. Id help but Im unfamiliar with this machine.

Old 03-23-2005, 11:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default KLT 110 Trans?

Originally posted by: catchmeifucan
Give it a day or two until KNOWSALOT or ThrashAndCrashUntilItsTrash (Mike) are on. you will get your answer young grasshopper. Id help but Im unfamiliar with this machine.
hahaha yea i know alot of people dont know about this model... most people dont think kawasaki made a 3 wheeler i proved them wrong[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2005, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default KLT 110 Trans?

Anyone on these ATC forums knows Kawasaki had one of the baddest-*** Trikes out there...The
TECATE 3[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2005, 01:56 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default KLT 110 Trans?

to be honest i have never seen one but i've see pictures and specs and stories and they sound like they haullllllll

Old 03-24-2005, 02:55 AM
The Facility
Default KLT 110 Trans?

Yes, you do have a serious problem...although it may not necessarilly be the gears themselves.

You will not be able to determine the problem without completely splitting the cases....sorry.

If you haven't taken an engine down between the cases before, I wouldn't recommend attempting it without having a manual. No aftermarket manual covers the old Kawasaki trikes,...so you will have to purchase one from your Kawasaki dealer.

As far as your model being known for transmission trouble....I have seen a couple of the old 250 models, which had numerous ailments, have transmission problems...but never on the 110.

The 110 and 160 [which is just as rare to find] are built off of the same engine platform, ...so after you find the cause of your problem, have your dealer find the part numbers of what you need and have him do a "model search inquiry" on those numbers. It will let you know what other Kawasaki trikes [or bikes] has that same exact part. This will help you to find the parts used...if you choose to do so.
All Kawasaki dealers now use the "Part Smart" program...so having him do this is not a big deal at all.

I wish I could help you more, but there is nothing know one can tell to help find your problem until you tear into that engine.
Good Luck.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default KLT 110 Trans?

Actually it "was" a very stout transmission and i doubt it was ever worked on i've only had it for what... 3 or 4 years now it saw a whole summer of trail's and wood's about everyday without 1 single problem except one's i have caused... it was being used as just a toy to go out in the snow packed driveway and screw around it was very weird though it WAS going fine and all of a sudden it just let go it was still running as i put the chain back on and i gave it a shot of gas and nothing... that kinda made my heart sink lol it's been a great trike and i just cant part with it also it was my first other than riding friends of course they all wanted to ride it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] it's been due for some maintence anyways... can you help me as of what to look for when tearing it down since i have never done anything like this to one of these but i do have someone to help me out.. anyways ill stop running my mouth now LOL thanks for your help

-Tim

Old 03-24-2005, 03:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default KLT 110 Trans?

BTW now that i think about it i think it is a 1984 KLT 110A

Quick Reply: KLT 110 Trans?