ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Piston Sleeves

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 12:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piston Sleeves

Wondering if they made piston sleeves or if 84 200x's have piston sleeves.

Thanks

Old 03-14-2006, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default Piston Sleeves

You can get one for a 200m or 200e I am guessing because they are basicly the same in the top end and thats probably why you can only find the 86 87 cylinder sleeves.

Honda cylinder sleeves

Old 03-14-2006, 12:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Piston Sleeves

So an 86 87 sleeve will work with my 84?

Old 03-14-2006, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default Piston Sleeves

I dont think so the motor is totally different they TOTALY redone the 200x in 86-87. I THINK!!! that one for a 200m or 200e MIGHT work.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Piston Sleeves

ok thanks
it looks like you have experience building custom carts. just wondering how you did the steering for them. i stripped down a golf cart but it's only 3 wheeled and i want 4 so i'm gonna either make a steering setup or steel one of something else. Got any good pointers for this?

Old 03-14-2006, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default Piston Sleeves

Actually I am building one right now. Its going to have a 12.5 briggs lawn mower tranny and live axle it will be a hill climber rock crawler! the one in the pics is BAD A$$. I honestly cant believe how good it climbs hills. If it wouldnt bottom out so easy i think this thing would climb better then my FOURWHEELER!!!

Anywho I would use a lawn mower steering. Get an old peice of crap mower and take the seering wheel and componets out of it.

Old 03-20-2006, 08:20 PM
Trailblazer
Default Piston Sleeves

Originally posted by: HondaAtcRoxz
You can get one for a 200m or 200e I am guessing because they are basicly the same in the top end and thats probably why you can only find the 86 87 cylinder sleeves.

Honda cylinder sleeves
I agree, the 200m and e are the same bore as the 200x but the x has a higher compression piston. So you can use those sleeves and an x piston and be just fine.

Old 03-20-2006, 09:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Piston Sleeves

does the lawn mower transmision have a limited speed or do lawn mowers go so slow due to low rpm engines?

Old 03-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Piston Sleeves

a little of both but its mainly because the engine pully is very small and the transmission pully is very large witch makes a low gear ratio and makes them go slower but pull much better. The motor does not turn at low rpm and if they do its because the throttle is set up like that to make the motor not max out.

So is you wanted to use a lawnmower transmission all you need to do is get a smaller pully for the transmission and bigger for the motor BUT!!! you risk running the tranmission past its limits and may destory it. I have blown up a couple of transmission but all it really messed up was the bevel gear couldnt stand up it seems like the actual drive gears can really hold up well. I have found that there is kind of a sweet gear ratio for the trans and motor making the trans go faster but still have plenty of power.

Old 03-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Piston Sleeves

I have a old golf cart witch I stripped the fram down on and I'm goinng to throw a 340cc twin carb liquied cooled snow mobile engine in. I pretty excited but i haven't figured out how i'm gonna put the motoer in neutral as I'm goint to have a centrfugal gear. Hopefully the golf cart rear end will work well. I just need to mount the engine and figure out a new stearing system. Also i wanna have some pretty big shocks on it just have to figure out that. But it looks to be a pretty good learning experience and hopefully when its finished it will hall *****.

Quick Reply: Piston Sleeves