ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Honeing a Cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 07:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honeing a Cylinder

First I was wondering how difficult it is to hone a cylinder sleeve.

Second what does a honeing tool look like. Does it look like a wire brush?

Old 03-23-2006, 11:16 PM
Range Rover

I use a ball honer witch type that is the shape of a piston with lots of wires sticking out with little ***** of honeing meteral on the ends. there is another type witch has 3 to 4 bars on it witch are usally 4-5 inches long and is spring loaded to push outward on the cylinder walls and both of these are attached to a cordless drill, use a light oil to coat the stones and cylinder walls and use a slow up and down motion wile spining. these are used for removeing skuff marks and light scraches. not for med. to big scraches that will need a bore.

Old 03-24-2006, 09:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: trizinNY
there is another type witch has 3 to 4 bars on it witch are usally 4-5 inches long and is spring loaded to push outward on the cylinder walls and both of these are attached to a cordless drill, use a light oil to coat the stones and cylinder walls and use a slow up and down motion wile spining. these are used for removeing skuff marks and light scraches. not for med. to big scraches that will need a bore.
This is the hone that i used it worked good. And its not difficult just take your time and dont hit anything in the bottom end then when finished clean motor out very well.