ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

I extended my swing arm 5-1/2 inches now I have some questions. lol

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I extended my swing arm 5-1/2 inches now I have some questions. lol

I am soo happy that I finally did it. Got my mig welder on friday night and did it today.

Now I have 2 questions though. They just came up after the welding wasv done.

1. Origionally I was going to go 4 over cause I heard the stock brake hose would work but now I need a longer hose right.
Where should I get one from ??

2. Today I read a post somewhere that said that an 86 swingarm wouldn't work on an 85 frame , That is the first I have heard of that and
I am assuming that it is false. what do you guys think ?

And i guess I need to think about a longer chain, does anyone sell a complete chain that is that long or do you guys peice them together ?

Cant wait to try it out.

5.5 should be perfect for the type of riding here.

Should I take off my axle extenders now ??

God I have the fire again for my 250r.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:08 PM
Trailblazer

I just installed a +6 on my 85 250r man I love it!

Chain= I bought a 120 link chain and had to take 3links out of it no big deal..

Brake line I am still using the stock one it works I still have about an inch of play.

86 swingarm will work the one I just installed is a 86 I had to make a bracket for the brake stay (welded a tab to old one) and I had to make some mods to my carrier because I used a 85 carrier and the O.D (outside dia.) is bigger on the 86 so I had to shim my carrier with a bushing to make the carrier fit inside the 86 swingarm any manufacturing shop should have some bushings around I spent 10 bucks for mine. overall I rode the heck out of it this past weekend and no problems.

One thing I dont like is the front end only comes up about 4 inches out of the hole and just stays there I cant get it to come up any higher I can launch the heck out of it on pavement it will just spin the tires and wont come up at all (Brand new holeshots) motor is bored .030, fmf gold series pipe

Oh yeah I am not sure about the axle extenders ive never used them the bike isnt as tippy anymore either.

Hope that helps ya some

Old 03-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds whicked. I cant wait to get it on. Does it sit super high now or is it unnoticable. Sounds like a nice setup. Any pix ?
I guess I need to get a new chain, I was pretty much do for one anyways. I am glad to hear that stock may work after all.

Thanx

Old 03-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Trailblazer

I do have some pics bfore. I just took a couple today with the swingarm on I will try to get them uploaded later as far as the way it sits it raised it up about 11/2 inches it looks good though way more suspension travel now! at least it feels like when you gas it it weight transfers instantly I love the way it rides now!