ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

I think I might just have the fastest 3-wheeler around

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2000, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't wanna brag, but here goes..... I bought an 86 atc250r w/ a blown motor for 500 bucks. Then, I happened across a 91 cr500 that was totally detsroyed, but had a decent running motor. After a little tlc to the atc(Ground welds down, sandblasted, painted honda red, new white fenders, Higher capacity fuel tank, ceet cover, renthal bars, twist throttle), the motor was over hauled. Being on its original bore, it was only bored .20 over, with wiseco piston and rings, mild porting job, head shaved .20, then went in a barnett dirt digger clutch kit(basket and discs). After deciding a procircut pipe SHOULD fit, I went ahead and ordered that, too. The carb was replaced w/ a 40mm flatslide, and a clamp-on K&N, was hooked to a boyesen rad valve. After fitting it into the frame and lining up the sprockets( no problems here), new motor mounts were installed, along with the pipe(that fit, too). After a home made wiring harness was installed, I spent an easy afternoon idling around the yard, letting the motor break in and looking for trouble. After an hour or so, I let her have it. MAN!!!! Talk about arm yanking!! Unfortunatly, a quick blip of the throttle in 4th sent me over way to easily(I was leaning forward, too) So now I'm working on a homemade swingarm to keep it down. I'm anxious to race my friends raptor, so I'll let you know(my 00 TBlazer doesn't quite cut it).....

Old 11-25-2000, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

Well, if you indeed have all that you say you do, A Raptor will be that small blue thing a couple miles back.

Old 11-25-2000, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Now THAT sound like fun!!!

Old 11-26-2000, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

YEAH!! Sounds scary! My buddie has an old beater cr500 dirtbike, the guy he got it from said he never took it out of third and the guy that he got it from said the same.. I want the motor!! Its just way too fast.... Some guy emailed me asking if Id trade one of the blasters for a 88 FZR 400 or 600 (cannot recall) anyways.. think I could rig that into a blaster frame ;-) Saw a local guy had some old yamaha 4cyl 700 streetbike motor in a quadracer, 4 big shiny pipes comin off it... it was crazy.. motor hung out the frame about 4-6 inches on both sides.. never seen anything like it..

Old 12-03-2000, 05:37 AM
Pro Rider

Hey if you think its fast now, convert it to run on alcohol and spray it with NOS. I saw a guy with a settup like this at the dunes, its wild.

Old 12-04-2000, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

Well, the old lady said someone e-mailed me about the old 250 motor, and of course, she deleted it. Aargh!! Whoever it was, the piston was siezed pretty tight, and the prior owner already took some stuff of it, so into the dump it went. If it was in fairly good shape, I would have rebuilt it myself, but it was a friggin' basket case. Sorry 'bout that. Anyway, my uncle added 5 inches to the swing arm right in front of the carrier, so now all I gotta do is figure were to mount the shock for best traction and dampening, get a longer piece of chain, and bolt it on!! Unfortunately, its been in the 20's all week , and I hate to brave the cold weather and then hafta wait till spring, but who knows. I'll keep ya updated when I get the chance, and thanks for the interest!! If I ever get the hang of it the way it is, I might hafta add some kinda "instant power" like that, but I don't plan on it right today, but we'll see.....

Old 12-07-2000, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

Hey brokemybanshee, do you know Bob Sinclair that lives there in Dixfield? He owns an old red impala I think. I go down there every now and then to visit his oldest son.

Old 12-10-2000, 10:42 PM
Trailblazer

Well, if you didn't put your swingarm on yet, I invite you to come to Greenwood Lake NY to race some crazy 250R's. I have an alcohol powered ATC that crushes most bikes and my friend has a nitrous powered ATC that is very mean too. We're getting ready for some flat track ice racing right now, but my buddy can drag race you (he has a +10 swingarm for his bike).

Actaully, this is an open invite (friendly) for any three wheelers to come have some fun on the ice in southeastern NY. We might be able to ride on part of the lake in 2 weeks. We would love to see more threewheelers cruising around this winter.

Old 12-10-2000, 11:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

E-mail me when your going to be running the lake.
I would like to see how my bike would do do against other 250r's

84 ATC 300r, 86 ATC 200x

Old 12-11-2000, 11:19 AM
Trailblazer

You live about 1 hour from the lake and is a pretty easy ride. Right now, we're shooting for Christmas weekend for the first attempt on the ice (provided it stays cold). If all is good, we'll be out there most weekends. I'll email you with any updates.

Quick Reply: I think I might just have the fastest 3-wheeler around