ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Big red locked up?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big red locked up?

ok, here's the story... I've got a 1984 honda 200es, it set up for a couple of years, and i decided to get it running again. I went through the carburetor and cleaned it up, put fresh fuel filter/line, and she fired right up. I ran it for about 15mins, turned it off, put up tools etc... went to crank it up again, and she fired right up again, I ran the three wheeler off and on for about a total of 40mins run time. I drove it in the barn and turned it off. It sat for about 20mins, I was proud of myself, so I wanted to crank it up one more time before I went in for the night. I pulled the rope, and it pulled once or twice, then just locked up. I couldn't free it up...any ideas??? Why would this happen? I was planning on changing the oil tomorrow, but I checked it prior to cranking motor. The oil was at the right level, and seemed sufficient (not milky or runny) until tomorrow. I also put the bike in gear to see if I could free it up by just pushing it...no luck. Am I screwed??? Thank you for any advice.

Old 09-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Trailblazer

I would pull off the recoil to see if somthing jammed inside there... Could be one of the cogs broke and got wedged somwhere. Once the recoil is off see if you can turn the crank manually.

Old 09-28-2007, 04:21 PM
Trailblazer

I agree with cookster, pop the recoil off and then turn the crank to see if it's locked up. I'm also guessing it's the recoil. Take the plug out so it's easy to turn over. Have you got a battery handy? Try the electric start after removing the recoil also. Engines don't seize after running fine and just turning them off.