ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Beat me a banshee yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2001, 11:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, can't we all (myself included) not so much "get along",but maybe just go to h*ll. This makes me giggle. Ouch, that kind of stings a bit though.
Okay, back to the "rubber-room" for some more fun games. Peace.

Old 01-30-2001, 05:04 PM
Trailblazer

Come on guys, all of the bikes mentioned all do about the same speed. They're built that way. 70-75 mph is as fast as the manufacturers want these bikes to go. Otherwise they would have Ninja of CBR motors in them. You can put a Yamaha RZ350(?) street bike motor into a Banshee and it'll go faster than stock because it's geared differently, even though the motors are similar.

So, the reality of the situation is that you'll beat some guys in a drag race and lose to others. I ride a crazy bike and I lose very few drag races, but I've seen bikes that will crush me and I respect it.

I ride threewheelers because I love them. I love the adrenaline rush of those things. It's the same reason I ride a "crotch rocket" (well for the chicks too). I know how to ride my bike, I'm fast on it, and I ride it fast. Sometimes someone is faster than me and I learn from that person, which makes me faster the next time I see that person again. Just going out and buying the biggest bike doesn't mean a thing. Nor does owing a 15 year old relic that was built back in the "musclebike" days of the eighties. Talking sh#t on a message board doesn't prove a thing either.

Old 02-10-2001, 07:40 AM
Pro Rider

To the Raptor owner(A.K.A. SYKO). Three questions there man. #1)How old are you? #2)Have you ever rode a 250R ATC or any other race 3wheeler? #3) What are you on?

My diagnosis of your problems:

Cause it's obvious you are experiencing ATC envy.
Cause it's obvious you'd be better off picking on some EX's or other quads.
Cause that extra wheel your riding with has some how skewed your good judgement.
Or last but not least, X- President Clinton pardoned you once already, for putting your foot in your mouth and you thought it would be fun to do it all over again.

Yeah, Ok, I'll take the last one. ATC WOULD WALK ALL OVER YA!!! *In straight drag, equal riders and MX courses not included.

GOOD DAY!
Scott Monroe

250RMAN: This guy reminds me of Super Bike riders whom when I lived in Ne., thought there new R1's where going to rule the drag races and speed runs. Ah, no!!! I've seen way to many Kawi 9's and CBR929's eat'em up. Heck on a Kawi you'd not even need to be the better rider:-)
Later

Old 02-10-2001, 01:55 PM
Range Rover

I am in the process of rebuilding an 85 atc 250r and was wondering if you used the stock piston or not. I have to replace a case and figured I would replace the rod and piston will it is apart. I don't know much about 2 strokes, can you put a higher compression piston in it, and would you need a high dollar rod to go with it? The bike was in poor shape when I bought it, the cylinder is rusted so I believe it will have to be bored out or replaced, also it looks likesomeone tried to do some home port work, they are all gouged and scraped by what looks like a drill, do you have any knowledge in these areas?, will I have to replace the cylinder? or just bore a size larger and go with the scrapped up ports? Any input you have will help. Thanks

Old 02-10-2001, 03:02 PM
Trailblazer

Actually, the GSXR 750 is the fastest bike for the 750-900cc catetory right now. However, I've owned a Suzuki 600 before and won't buy another one.

As far as drags are concerned, I wouldn't have bought a "sportbike" just to do the drags... They are way too fun as a rip a$$, all around, street bike to limit their performance to a straight line drag. The police are my challenge, not other riders.

Old 02-10-2001, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

I agree the drag is not all that is taken into account. However I did say I lived in NEBRASKA at that time. Remember, there are straights and then there is Nebraska. Heck, cops didn't bother!! Oh, unless I was in town. Me and a friend got pulled over, the cop let me go and gave my buddie a warning for not wearing a SEATBELT! Swear to God.

Old 02-10-2001, 03:16 PM
Trailblazer

Well, first of all, I'd take the cylinder to a shop or friend that can measure your cylinder. If it can be bored, then do it. Don't replace the cylinder just because of rust. You can bore the motor over to .140 (267cc?) which will give you plenty of overbores to eliminate gouges and rust in the cylinder.

I have tried stock, NIK's, and Wiseco Pistons. I would buy the Wiseco piston. They make all of the overbore sizes and are a good, quality piston. The Niks piston is a "cast" piston and is not as strong as the Wiseco. I have cracked 2 Niks in the past, but a Wiseco has never let me down.

As far as your homemade port job, I'd take it to someone who knows about ports to see if it's a bad job or not. Keep in mind that your intake ports should be a little rough because it atomizes the fuel better, but if it's a basket case, then you should have it checked out first. I haven't seen your ports, so I can't help you there.

Good Luck.

Old 02-10-2001, 09:32 PM
Range Rover

THANKS FOR THE help, I was thinking the same thing, I have to take the case half in and have the crank pressed in anyhow, I think I will find me a shop tat can do both, do you order the piston yourself and take it in with the cylinder, or do most shops have piston on hand? I guess I could call around a little to find out. Thanks, I'm perty pumped about getting it running asp.