ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmet

How about some feedback about the Bell Moto helmets. Thinking bout gettin one to keep my gourd from becoming squash! LOL.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Helmet

Bell makes a great lid......I put Bell right up there with Shoei, Troy Lee Design and Aria as having the best helmets on the market......all those guys (except TLD) have been making helmets forever and they're serious about it........ Troy Lee is newer in on the market but they blown people away with their quality......

Bell Moto helmets are excellent, after all Jeremy McGrath would not put his head in just anything, and he has worn Bell helmets his whole career.....up until last year when he changed over to Troy Lee Design, but that is not because Bell suddenly started getting poor or something....it was because McGrath worked with TLD to help design the SE helmets and has been friends with Troy for years. It took Troy a while to convince McGrath to leave Bell and that says something about Bell quality.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Range Rover
Default Helmet

Not that it makes too much difference, troy had been hand painting his helmets for years.

Bell has good stuff, just make sure it has the SNELL rating and you will know it has at least been tested.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Default Helmet

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: this guy

Not that it makes too much difference, troy had been hand painting his helmets for years.

Bell has good stuff, just make sure it has the SNELL rating and you will know it has at least been tested.</end quote></div>

Very true.... Troy Lee built his entire empire from painting racers helmets.....and he still paints almost every one of the top guys lids these days...... only difference is now he can try and sell them his own helmet too.....

I gotta say, I'm so impressed with my TLD SE helmet that I don't think I'll buy another brand ever again. They really spent the time and money to make a high quality lid. I was actually turned onto them when I saw an interview with Ronnie Renner, and he could not stop raving about this new helmet on the market. These guys don't generally wear junk on their heads, even if they are being paid to do it. Then once I put one on I placed my order.....

Old 12-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Helmet

Thanks for the great input, guys. Sounds like the just the helmet my husband needs to protect his (thick head) from that Krazy Kaw he rides!

Old 12-22-2008, 01:43 AM
Range Rover
Default Helmet

Hey, Ronnie Renner lives like 6 minutes from my casa that guy has a sweet track at his house. Yeah, the Troy Lee is a great bet for the $ he has to hold up to his reputation, for quality work so a sub par helmet is not going to leave his shop.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:15 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Default Helmet

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: this guy

Hey, Ronnie Renner lives like 6 minutes from my casa that guy has a sweet track at his house. Yeah, the Troy Lee is a great bet for the $ he has to hold up to his reputation, for quality work so a sub par helmet is not going to leave his shop.</end quote></div>

That's cool..... he seems like a pretty cool dude from what I've seen/heard..... I really liked that "Great Ride Open" thing he and Tom Clowers did on Fuel TV last year. They drove all around the Southwest just doing fun open rides..... looked like some great places to ride.....

Old 12-27-2008, 01:05 AM
Range Rover
Default Helmet

Clowers, seenthat dude out in Ocotillo a few times. That guy is fearless out there, he'll jump anything.
There used to be some real awsome ride spots out here, even up until recently though developers just kind of ruined them and the houses/bussinesses they put there are all empty.