ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

1984 200es carb problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 09:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1984 200es carb problems

Bought the 3 wheeler about 2 years ago. Worked fine. It decided to smoke profusely 2 months after the buy. Im guessing the seller used some sort of anti smoke to sell it.

Anyway...rebuilt the whole top end. After assembly, it fired up after 3 pulls. Idled perfect, had a stutter at the crack of the throttle. If i hammered it, there was bad a$$ throttle response. then it died. I noticed a puddle of gas on the ground...the carb was leaking out of the throttle bore, overflow, and anywhere else it could. I turned off the pet **** and fired it back up. Ran a little better.

I bought a rebuild kit. Now the thing only leaks about half of what it did out of the overflow. It doesnt start. I got a few barks out of it. Backfires form the carb.

What to do next?? Buy one of the $30 carbs from ebay?

Dale

Old 10-27-2012, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

I bought a new carb from Dr ATV worked great they also had a bunch of other stuff.
Good luck
Ray

Old 11-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Angry

Found out that a little ignition timing pin came loose up top by the cdi. fired it up, ran descent. Had a miss at idle. Lack of throttle response.
Tried bigger pilot jet with rich results. at least I got results. Broke the pull rope. Put factory size jet from old carb in. I hooked up jumper cables from my truck.
Adjusted throttle needle to richest setting. ran crappy with black smoke...rich...and more results.
Put the needle back to stock settings.
I noticed if I close the choke a little, it would have better throttle response and run near perfect. I then went to buy a battery because it ran ok.
I decided it was ok to tool around the house by the creek. The next day I decided to take another ride. it wouldnt even run good enough to back out of the garage. The next day I went outside and it fired up fine. rode it again and stopped by my neighbors house to show him.When I decided to leave, the starter would only spin. Got the starter fixed tonight, now it wont even start. It barks a little, but no start. Took the recoil off to fix it and found the plastic was broke. Beginning to be a nightmare.
I sure wish I could get consistency with this thing...its making me angry.

But to fix the lack of throttle response I believe the main jet will need to be bigger. But if It wont be consistent then it will sit or some one else can work on it. I dont know what else to do.

To be continued...

Dale