ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

350x Carnage at Sand Lake

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check this out...This must be why there is a 25 mph speed limit on the beach.

ATC 350x Bent Rim

(I was going to post the pic, but since we can't I just linked it)

Old 09-27-2002, 10:02 PM
Range Rover

I just wish that some of the people out there would actually acknowledge that speed limit.... last weekend a guy on a dirt bike bit it hard on the hard sand....he was on his hands and knees for about 35 minutes. He was flat haulin' across the beach and swirved or something and lost control.

Sometimes it is just plain crazy out there....

Dean

Old 09-30-2002, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider

In the winter months it is even more dangerous cuz of the logs and stumps that wash up on the beach.

Old 10-01-2002, 10:57 PM
Range Rover

i was at sandlakes this weekend ,there were a couple of bad crashes, omly one needed medical help, i myself made a couple of 100 mph passes on the beach... i didn't know there was a speed limit ,,,,,,,,, oh well,,,,

Old 10-02-2002, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

I saw parking lot by the bathroom was closed off for while on Saturday. I saw the ambulance, but I figured they were bringing in a chopper.

Old 10-02-2002, 02:30 PM
Range Rover

Anyone find out the cause of the accidents? Poor judgement, drinking, etc., or just an accident?

I get pretty nervous about bringing my kids out to Sandlake with all of these problems. May just have to drive a little furthur for fun.

Winter may be worse on the beach, but it is literally a ghost town on the rest of the dunes.

Dean

Old 10-02-2002, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

It was pretty busy down there this weekend since the weather was nice and the drag races that were happening at the Tillimook fairgrounds, so it doesn't surprise me to see the emergency vehicles. I would like to know what happened too. (For the first time, it wasn't someone from my group getting hauled away.)

BTW: All of you Sand Lake guys are welcome to come join us HERE. We are trying to ramp up members. (= Come post and introduce yourselves.

Old 10-02-2002, 11:38 PM
Range Rover

there was a buggy at the bottom of the drag hill , he started up the hill so did three quads well half way up the buggy decides to turn around and go back down,,,, guess what happened ,, one of the quads hit him broadside it wasn't pretty.........i don't think any drinking was involved just a bad decision on the buggy driver.......

Old 10-03-2002, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

Saturday night I was dragging up the bowl about 1:30am and it was nuts. Four times in a row as I got to the top, there was someone coming to drop into the bowl. I came very close to hiting a Z head on.

Did you guys see the kids at the bowl get busted by the cops for the fireworks display Saturday night? The kid lit a bottle rocket right when the cop drove up with its parking lights on.

Old 10-03-2002, 01:12 PM
Range Rover

You know, someone died at Sand Lake this summer because of what you just described..... I guess a girl was cruising up the bowl on her ATV, decided to turn and go back down, right when a Rail came flying over the top of the hill and landed right on top of her.

When are people going to realize that the bowls are for going up, not jumping off going down? I admit, when I was pretty new to the sport, I almost went down over the top of the bowl, but never would have just flown off the top without looking.

Maybe their needs to be a Dunes Rules post to explain what should be pretty much common sense?!

Dean

Quick Reply: 350x Carnage at Sand Lake