ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Hi folks, I'm new to the forums and need a ton of help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 06:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi folks, I'm new to the forums and need a ton of help.

Hi everyone.

I signed onto here looking for some help on my latest project.

A little background info first. I haven't been into ATVing for about 15 years until a bunch of guys I work with finally got me interested in it. Being that my 200 and fatcat are more or less "relics" I wanted to get something that would keep up with their raptors and 400ex's but didn't want to spend a ton on a new atv. A friend of mine at work sold me an old 250R three wheeler frame. it's missing the drivetrain and some other assorted things. I was wondering if there are any sites or where I can get a shop manual or micro fiche copies of the entire bike. I do have some mechanical skill and access to some good shop tools to get this thing running.

The one thing I noticed while I was checking it over (Ijust got it home not 1 hour ago). It is on the rear swing arm on the right side when viewed from the rear. There is a small link bolted to the outside of the arm back closer to the axle and was wondering what that was for. Attached to it with zipties is a small bracket with 2 holes in it for bolts that looks to have snapped away from somewhere and i have no clue.

I know this is really vague but I was wondering if anyone had an idea what it was. I first plan on tearing the thing down to a bare frame and refinishing it, try to get some welded on motor mouts off of it and smoothed out then repaint it. Any leads as to a site with big diagrams or shop manuals would be a great help.

Thanks
Scott

Old 12-07-2002, 11:28 AM
Range Rover

You didnt say the year of the 250r..if looking at it from the back the chain is on the right,its an aircooled one, and i wouldnt know what that "link" is for..on the 85-6 the chain is on the left the link might be for the arm that holds the rear brake caliper.. there are a few good trike sites around 3wheeler.org 3wheelerworld.com Trikeryders.com good luck

Old 12-07-2002, 11:37 AM
Range Rover

I didnt even look at your sig.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2002, 11:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Dune,

Thanx for your help. The chain on this one is on the left side. When you said brake caliper mount, that kinda what it looks like. I'm gonna attack it with a digital camara today when I drop it off at my folks place. I also found some schematics online that should be a big help. Do you know if they still have shop manuals for it? I think one of those will help me a TON.

Thanx again for your help.

Old 12-08-2002, 02:45 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was building my 84 250R, I found a lot of stuff on ebay. It all depends on what you need. You can also post your needs here and we'll help you out.

Andy

Old 12-08-2002, 07:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for you help too Andy.

I got the thing at my folks place just cause they have more room then I have for working on it. I got the plastic and gas tank off of it and noticed that the small tube bar that runs from the think main frame bar to the area where the froks mount that a 1-2 inch section was cut out of it, probably for the quadzilla motor that was in it before I got it. Would it be ok to weld in a piece of tubing in there or is thing over with before I even begin. And I did figure out that that dangling bracket was for. It's the mount for the rear caliper, needless to say I'm looking for one of those.

As soon as I figure out how to post pics here I'll put the first set of pics of this thing up. Believe me, it isn't pretty LOL.

Thanks again for all your help

Old 12-10-2002, 02:10 PM
Range Rover

You can get Clymer manuals for the 86R on line just about anywhere. Just search Amazon or something. You can get a factory service manual at Hondas motorcycle website. They have a store link on the main page. Check out www.partsfish.com they have good images of most all the parts. This message board dosen't get many visitors. you may want to check out the board on www.3wheeler.org

Woodo

Old 12-14-2002, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

Hey there scottrod, youll get MUCH better luck reposting this message in the Yamaha/Honda/Suzuki forum.
This ATC 3 wheeler doesnt get much attention! (like he said)

Dont worry about it not being a yama/zuki there are many people with 250R exp.!

-Matt