ATV Expeditions Are you on a major excursion traveling the World or a Continent. Post your adventures and log your travels here.

South West Montana

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2021, 06:52 PM
Range Rover
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The Passing of Time

Was looking around some different forums and came across this thread I had started back in
2018. I had a bit of an emotional time reading through as it brought back so many memories of our friend and our many outings. I can hardly believe it has been 2 1/2 years since Julie has passed. Time marches on weather we want it to or not, we stay in close contact with her husband and continue our adventurous rides with him on his old 98 Polaris Sportsman 500 that he and Julie rode. It is still a privilege and pleasure to ride with Ray and he still loves to go out but just not the same for all of us. When we see something on a trail, Ray always says "Man Julie would love that!" He misses her more than ever and is still struggling with the loss of her. We just try to be there for him when ever we can. Julie passed just after their 2nd grandson was born. She was in a family surrounded by males so welcomed her daughters in law with open arms, her oldest son and wife just brought the first granddaughter into the family this last spring. She would've been in 7th heaven seeing that little girl. A lot can change in a short time, so we need to be thankful for our days that we have with spouses, friends, and family. We continue to get out as much as possible in the short riding season we have, ansmd wete grateful to find another area to ride that the trails don't really shut down that is about an hour away. A combination of Forest Service land and BLM land, there really aren't any closure dates, you just have to know when there's too much snow and when its safe to go. We rode the earliest ever this last April and had some sketchy trails with snow and ice, my wife got off her machine several times and walked refusing to go down or up the icy trails. I'm ok with that I don't want her to be scared and not want to go out. We'll just keep plodding on through this thing called life and enjoy each day that is given to us.

Ray on one of our sunset rides, was a great day with him, my brother and his wife, and some friends from Minnesota

This night was amazing, warm and sky colors were spectacular.

The building is an old forest service fire lookout, they turned it into a cabin rental. It is booked through every summer.

Thought this silhouette shot was cool

This one too.

Waiting for the sun to set.

Upgraded to a couple of Can Am's

First ride back in April, snow was still pretty plentiful, this was way steeper than camera is showing.

I was responsible for leading therefore always having to go down first, I've got great tires so don't get too worried.

Wife a little tentative through the water.

Not Ray!!😁

Nothing like lunch at 40 degrees

Think I'll work on getting some chains for next spring

Had a great year of riding, always hate to see it come to an end

Old 12-01-2021, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Great pics. Your post brought back memories.

I had a bout with a bad bacterial infection in early Feb. 2020. I started having full body seizures and told my wife I needed to go to the hospital. Stopped at doctor's office and he sent me by ambulance to the hospital. They either put me under or I passed out on the way. Didn't let me out of anesthesia until 6 days later when they told my wife I would survive and recover. Within a day of going into the hospital my right lower leg would get massive blisters and they would blow. ICU needed to keep a mop in the room according to Mrs. Moose. I had kidney and lung failure, heart arrhythmia, and brain swelling. While under I had occasional glimpses of bright white light but nothing more. (Beats seeing a fiery lake) I had friends from our old church in Mass. and our new church here in NH praying for me. I had no fight left in my body. I firmly believe it was their prayers that got me through. Wife said while I was under our new pastor and one of the deacons visited. The deacon said to Mrs. Moose, "It isn't his time." I guess so... I don't understand why God allows some things to go, seemingly prayers unanswered, but I get the feeling the Lord has something for all who call on his name to do in these days. Keep the faith, brother!