ATV Expeditions Are you on a major excursion traveling the World or a Continent. Post your adventures and log your travels here.

best ATV helmet two-way radio, long range, walk'e talk'es

Old 02-24-2019, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm with you there Frank! looks like their still $36, so I'm taking up a collection now, early on, in order to have it peeled, applied, and ready to take it out for a ride, as soon as I can get myself, and a buddy out there, that is lol And lets Ride!!
Any buddy?

Old 02-24-2019, 07:32 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ride slow and I'll slap a sticker on when you go by. You don't even have to stop. I always used to get my stickers around here at Gander Mountain, and once or twice at Dunham's or some other sporting goods store. Last year I went to the newly reopened Gander Outdoors and they didn't have the machine to print stickers yet, but I'll probably start getting them there again, like I used to before they closed. It's only about 7 miles there and back, 8 miles by the route I take. Duhnam's is only 2 miles away but I like to look at the guns and ammo at Gander before I go up to the counter for my stickers. And I drive right past all 3 places that sell stickers in Mio when I go up north so I may get them on my way up. I won't likely need them for 3 more months so I don't need to make up my mind any time soon.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

You guys up there in the far north have it made, your licenses can be had most anywhere. Here in the deep south of Ohio we have to get ours at the dmv same as car/truck plates. We even use metal license plates just like a motorcycles use only we call them "apv" tags. For the price we pay we dont have squat for trail system, so consider yourselves very lucky!

Old 02-25-2019, 12:49 AM
THE BERMINATOR

I hope you don't have to physically be at the DMV for that. We have a Secretary Of State's office instead of a DMV and I haven't been there for a long time. I think I'll have to go in next year when I need a new driver's license. I've been renewing it online every 4 years for 11 (?) years straight. I renew the license plate for my truck online every year and get a little sticker in the mail to put on the corner of my plate. Trailer plates are permanent now so I haven't had to get a new one or renew it since I got this one. They closed the SOS office that was a 5 mile round trip for me. There's another one the same distance from me but it's downtown Flint. I don't stop for anything but red lights downtown, so I go to a big office that's a 15 mile round trip instead. If I go in next year I may not have to go again until 2032. Maybe 2028 if they think I'm getting old and need to tested more often.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:04 AM
Pro Rider

Our dmv are like yor sec of state offices, we can renew boat, auto ,truck and most everything else online except "kayak and apv" registrations and those must be done in person! No rime or reason just stupid state regulations. Drivers license must be done in perso, I could see people cheating on that one if renewed online. You should see what we have to go thru if we buy a vehicle in Mich and want to transfer it to Ohio!

Old 02-25-2019, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

forget about going up this weekend guys....20'' of new stuff, almost burying the goose lol It's hell living way, way, up here in the north country like this, i don't own a cabin, so why is it i get that kind of fever lol I bet were considered rugged bear killen kinda people, or I would like to think others living in the south, might think that of us, real hearty mountain men! where we ride out on these rough northern trails, bagging squirrel meat and such then roast em over our open pit fireplace! Rough n rugged, tough, mean, grizzly kill'en out-backers! I think I'll take out my 4x4 with its large rack and go aw hunt'en for me some of that possum, I spotted last night, umm some good possum belly! dirty finger lick'en goodness rite dare!

Back down to earth after my head in the clouds imaginative, day dreaming! Too much winter can cause all kind of mental disorders lol

My tire dealer, wrote me up a quote, for needed ball joints/ tie rod's, the other day, after their installing my tires, and his figures/totals add up to more than my tires cost, so I went on you tube ''again'' lol, and what their showing is, if you can move the front tires, side to side, w/tire off ground, on jack, that's tie rod, slop, then if you can move wheel top and bottom in and out, is ball joint, slop. well I just got the van moved out ''afain'' lol, jacked ea tire off ground, NO MOVEMENT, none, anotta, not even a little movement, solid as rock, they also said on the tube, if tires are wearing out unevenly, might be those things, mine have always worn evenly! so what you think....their scamming me? do i take it back and possibly make a stink, catching them at their game, then next time I need them, for even simple things, like the real cheap atv tire installs, they do for me, where then they might refuse helping me! I'm real happy on one hand, where I might not need an expensive repair! what would you do?

Old 02-25-2019, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

I would go to a couple other places and get opinions/quotes. What you have are folks taking advantage of us older folks. If you get a couple of " your stuff is fine" then go throw it in there face! Sounds like you need a new mechanic. How do you know their prices are good unless you have real comparisons? I really enjoy catching those kind...will actually go out of ny way to do so. I have no problem paying for good service and have at times paid a higher price for good work....but selling people stuff they dont need is a crime! But you need real proof so get a couple more opinions then shove it in there face. Be sure the office is full of customers and say it loud so all can hear so others will know how honest they are...

Old 02-25-2019, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

You sound like me now lol I did call them back and told them what I did, and found, they still are sticking to their guns and asking me to bring it back, and they'll put it up on rack and prove it to me, so I might do that tomorrow, better to be safe than sorry!

Old 02-25-2019, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

New Wench Stopper problem
Installed the Winch Cable Hook Stopper, but when raising the plow, the stopper is jamming into the side of the wench's mounting bolts, instead of passing on to the rollers to bottom out and stop there. It seems like there should be a guide mounted there somewhere, to direct the stopper all the way in.

Old 02-26-2019, 12:11 AM
THE BERMINATOR

Originally Posted by 4-tracker
New Wench Stopper problem
Installed the Winch Cable Hook Stopper, but when raising the plow, the stopper is jamming into the side of the wench's mounting bolts, instead of passing on to the rollers to bottom out and stop there. It seems like there should be a guide mounted there somewhere, to direct the stopper all the way in.
Well, it stopped didn't it? The weatherman said it's going to get back up to normal winter temperatures, but not for a week or more.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: best ATV helmet two-way radio, long range, walk'e talk'es