ATV Expeditions Are you on a major excursion traveling the World or a Continent. Post your adventures and log your travels here.

best ATV helmet two-way radio, long range, walk'e talk'es

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 04:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 4-tracker
You sound like me now lol I did call them back and told them what I did, and found, they still are sticking to their guns and asking me to bring it back, and they'll put it up on rack and prove it to me, so I might do that tomorrow, better to be safe than sorry!
when ever someone looks at my vehicle I always have them show me! Never take anyones word if it costs you money!!

Old 02-26-2019, 04:28 AM
Pro Rider

Is the xable comming off the top of the spool or off the bottom of the spool? You want it conming off the top. Mine nestles right into the rollers everytime..

Old 02-26-2019, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The top of wench spool not bottom. and another thing, since the cable comes straight up from the plow then turns on a dime, 90 deg into roller seems like that would also pull the stopper in on a sharp angle bending/warping the stopper, not allowing the spool to rest flat against wench rollers. crazy set up, with 2 different situations, one where the stopper is reeling into the side of wench into mounting bolt and trying to rip the stopper, while dragging it up, and two, if it were to finally reach rollers it would be at a sharp turn bending soft rubber stopper at an abrupt angle at rollers not flat into it. do you have pic of your stopper, showing stopper all the way up, flat against rollers? thanks

Old 02-26-2019, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

WEATHER ALERT!!
Well you guys up north here, north of me anyways, are getting the most snow, up to 4'' predicted right now, for tomorrow, but that could always change. Were getting close to 3'', and just enough to give me an excuse to cancel my dr apt, down town in the D.

FORD VAN TIRES, & CARE
I was looking forward to testing out these new meats, but don't need all that salt, that would be blown up into, every nick n cranny, rusting already old metal stuff, 2003! I'll have to take it out on side streets tomorrow before they salt. I'm lucky to have found this van 5 yrs ago, even with 155k, but I feel it was taken proper care of, being a fleet vehicle, where maintenance is normally performed, up to date, plus it was always owned driven, in Florida and with a very heavy undercoating, and since I bought it, I've never driven it on roads that have been freshly salted, leaving the body and undersides looking shinny and rust free! I don't drive that often, since retiring, and have only added 15k, since bought. And now that I recently bought the GMC van I'll be just using the ford van for back up, if Savanna van is down, for some reason, and for hauling the wheeler around. For this reason I need to get the wheels up, off ground on blocks for long term storage.

Old 02-26-2019, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

If your winch cable is dropping straight down to hook onto the blade, that is creating a bad condition for your cable. Is there a place more forward toward the blade where the cable hook could attach? On my blade there are 2 places to hook the cable to. One is fairly straight down from the winch, when raised up it balances the blade assembly to allow the quick attach system to work. Once blade assembly is snapped into place, you lower the blade and move the clip farther forward and rehook it. This allows a straighter pull on the winch cable and prevents cable kink. It also allows the stop to pull right up inbetween the rollers. Then again the stop goes right up inbetween the rollers for storage without any blade attached. Do you have a synthetic rope or steel cable? Steel cables can have a mind of there own, I was much happier when I switchedfrom the steel over to the syn rope. Much easier to handle and deal with.

Old 02-26-2019, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

You folks up there near the artic circle are so lucky to get all that snow to play in. We here in the deep south are just getting a dusting...just enough to tease but not enough to play in. Makes me wonder if I made the right choice in buying a snow plow...I know....when and if it ever does snow I be glad I have it....wonder when that day will come?

Old 02-26-2019, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

Come on up Ken and we'll take turns plowing my drive and maybe you can help me figure out my plow situation lol This little 2-3'' we're supposed to get makes me laugh too, thinking I sure wasted a lot of money on something, I really may never use.

Old 02-26-2019, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

Tell ya what...if you get a good 4-6" I might just take you up on that! I want to plow so bad, I might be willing to travel to do it. Keep in mind tho you might get very jealous....riding in a warm enclosure with no cold wind howling in your face, even cup holders for your coffee. About your winch ...mabey a pic would help, just not sure why this isnt working. From all I have read, it is or can be a problem if the winch cable drops straight down to the blade from the winch drum. This sharp angle of pull can cause all kinds of issue....if that is even the problem...I dont know! Something isnt right if it doesnt spool up correctly. Have you talked to the dealer that installed it? I do know there are a number oz gizmoes out there to allow proper drum spooling.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

I'm going out early in the morning and pull the wheeler out, and give it a good look see, I think your right about the direction I have the cable hooking straight down to where there is 3 holes and seems to be the only logical place I remember seeing anything to hook the cable to.

Couldn't wait....I put my hat n coat on just now, and had to check.

I don't see anywhere else to hook the cable, but straight down to 3 holes, exactly in middle, side by side, and the only place that's big/large enough to slide the cable hook into, like I'm sure is got to be the only place that's designed to attach to.

but just noticed too, that the cable is not sliding on a roller, rollers are on the sides, instead its grinding down against a metal steel mounting, flat plate at bottom of wench opening....that's not right! That grinding against hard steel with the heavy weight of the plow, is going to damage/tear up the cable, in no time! Its already showing signs of wear in that plate!
I'll call dealer in am!
I'm just wondering if maybe the dealer forgot or missed adding an attachment, that would allow a forward pull into wench.

Just found this video showing my exact hookup, w/ straight down angle.

Old 02-26-2019, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

My fairlead has 4 rollers, one on each side forming a square. My hook up point is much further forward, you might want to consider making or adding something more forward as a hookup point to keep the cable at more of an angle rather than a straight drop down. Even with a roller fairlead there is lots of strain on the cable and fairlead. Full roller fairleads can be bought and added to your winch mount. My KFI winch came with the roller fairlead. I really believe it will operate much better with a roller fairlead and further forward hookup. The straighter angle will allow the rubber stop to do its job!

Quick Reply: best ATV helmet two-way radio, long range, walk'e talk'es