ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

1st Hare Scramble...90 long dusty minutes of...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Hare Scramble...90 long dusty minutes of...

It is totally great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is all stock yet with the exception of the modual and I believe it could beat my old 650! I have to get busy soon tho to get it ready to race at the next harescramble! I now have about 40 miles on it but as usual they have been 40 hard miles! At 13 miles I was being winched outta a very deep and very wet mud hole I found after all the rain we have had!!! I'm hopeing we can pull another 1st place finish at the next hare scramble but then again that would mean we will have won all the harescrambles here and they just might put a bounty on us! LOL!!! I just hope we have as much good luck with this new 700 Prairie as we had on the 02 650. I figure that if my boys can pull out another 1st 2nd and 3rd place finish no matter who is in which place we will have acccomplished something! I actually hope we have some tougher competition at the next one,, not that there wasn't any at the last one but I'd like to see someone push Leo hard all the way so he won't be waving at the track officials next time! I've heard a thousand times since the race how he was waving and goofing off through the whole race till the other 2 guys started really pushing him the last 2 laps! The next race will be alot different tho beings we will be running the whole 12 Hour track which means alot of down hill off camber turns that make you feel like you are gonna flip at any moment! It was great to finally meet you newbeatle and hope to see you guys again at the next race! Have a great day now! Oh, I almost forgot,,, you should have seen ATVgurl riding the new 700 and taking the big jumps we have at our track, BIG AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One crazy 110lb woman she is!!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2003, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

newbeetle,

I had some experience jumping that thing last weekend and MAN was it awesome!! I didn't want to stop!!! It lands so smooooooth! Good thing I'm not ashamed of my weight or anything; he keeps posting it on the internet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] I didn't understand why Prairiewrench got off the Prairie and looked at me. When I figured out he meant I could take it for a spin I got a little excited. It took a while to get my fill of the jumps. I rode someone else's p700 and dragged Leo who was on Prairiewrench's p700 and Racinaki on the p650. Leo had us all, I came in 2nd, and both the p700's had the p650. I gained on him after a while and passed him, but we couldn't figure out if that was because he was in loose gravel or because I weigh a lot less. I also have to learn the holeshot. I didn't have enough weight to pull back on it so I just spun. Well, anyway, the new one is awesome. It doesn't feel any different because the body is all the same. Nice machine, though! I'm sure you will be seeing it in August!

Prairiewrench,

I saw your p650 at the dealership, WOW does that ever look like a nice brand new p700 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Someone will have themselves a nice-looking machine for a used price! Check your e-mail about this weekend, I got your message about the trails.

Old 07-12-2003, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider

LOL, ATVgurl,,, I state your weight just to give these guys an idea of how a small person such as yourself can still handle a Prairie and take it over the jumps!!!! Beside that, I still think you weigh less but it's your story so we'll stick too it,,, I think maybe 110lbs coated with mud![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

newbeatle, we should get together out at our track we have here, you would get in some good practice and have a good time just sitting around shooting the bull!

Old 07-13-2003, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

PRAIRIEWRENCH... I had a mud bog race this last week end ( took 1st place in the modified class )...now need to swich every thing back over for trail / hare scrambles ( my quad & yard look like a "transformers" work shop... I don't think the 28" Mudzilla's would work well for the Hare Scrambles...LOL... I went to my favorite trails ( in the bluffs along the Mississippi ) 2 week ends ago to test out my new lighting system, & a few adjustments I've made...Minnesota's budget problems are'nt helping the trails any...one of the biggest hills used to be littered with baseball to bowling ball sized rocks, now they are basketball to 30 gallon drum sized rocks...after the hare scramble down there last time, my rims still looked good, one of my front rims, after spending all day pounding the trails, had 12 -14 dents in the outer bead edge, didn't even want to count the ones on the inner edge...I just spin balanced a pair of ATR's on new billet wheels for the fronts, haven't had the chance to try them out yet... perhap in a few weeks if the invite is still there, I could come down & let you guys beat me up with your 700 Prairies ( I mean practice with you guys )...LOL... WAM