ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

is drag racing a sport?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is drag racing a sport?

I should have worded the title different to avoid the excuses.

I personly think drag cars are not that cool, my defanition of a sport is something that requries athletic's and skill!

Old 07-10-2003, 12:45 AM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that assumption is very shelthered, DS660. does it not take skill to port, build, maintain, and choose wisely, a optimal machine to drag race or any kind of racing for that matter? if just anyone could be the best at drag racing, i wouldnt do it. your assumptions arent negative just deprived of knowledge on the subject and prejudgmental.

Old 07-10-2003, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

Ridley, the only thing I must disagree with is about TT being %90 setup. I Couldn't get but 4th in AM class last weekend on my bike, but a friend won the pro class with it. One of the bikes I couldn't beat was the banshee that won on stock A-arms, shocks, and motor (which got second in Pro-AM with the same rider). I also thought TT was all setup until I started racing it.

Old 07-10-2003, 03:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol drag racing cars doesnt involve skill? haha, is that why all the huge companies pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to force, pedrigon, ect just to run their name? Damn, i guess im in the wrong line of work then

Old 07-10-2003, 12:26 PM
HA2
Pro Rider

NHRA Pro Stock is the most competitive racing circuit EVER and that has been proven with a field of 30 some-odd guys all running within a tenth of each other. Some people should stick to what they know for sure and be open-minded about what others do. why does everything have to be so black and white? I thought elementary school was supposed to fix that.

Old 07-10-2003, 12:36 PM
HA2
Pro Rider

Another thing, do you guys see Petregon and Schumacher (the basis of your poorly structured arguement) bashing each other? NO! They both respect each other as drivers and know that each sport is hard in it's own way. You think a driver has nothing to do with a 8000HP machine that is only designed to run for a matter of seconds? The driver changes his style a little bit and the engine goes before the 60ft mark. were all in the same field in a way, RACING. we want to be the fastest and finish line is just in different places. of course drag racing doesnt take as much riding skill as MX, so what. you want me to bow down to you or something? you can come out and drag race and i KNOW you'll melt. anyone can build a fast engine, but can you make it last? stop bragging about stuff you guys havent done and just respect that we all like our machines and live for the race. plenty have indy and cart guys have gone to the imfamously easy NASCAR with just about NO success.

DSracer, to answer your question, I dont care if we're considered a sport or not. i know when it cools off their will be faster bikes and better riders than last season that i have to try and make up for this summer while my bike is down. i dont bash the mx guys for i know it would take me years to get good at, but i dont really have any interest in it. their is pro sand drags if anyone with a aircooled VW knows a little person by the name of Pauter, they know they dont take it lightly.

Old 07-10-2003, 08:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

your so closed minded it makes you sound as stupid as you look. I never claimed to have a lot of skill, but i can sure as hell build a better motor then you'll ever lay your hands on. When your able to build an 825cc banshee consisting of 3 seperate motors pushing over 200 horses and 150ft. lbs of torque then you can criticise my building skills. Otherwise you need to keep your mouth shut.

Since "anybody" can build one of these motors, and since im the only one on this planet that has this motor, and being that you cant build one of these motors, does this mean your a nobody? Im glad your finally starting to realize this

THE HAMMER HAS FALLEN! B*TCH

Old 07-10-2003, 08:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

When your able to build an 825cc banshee consisting of 3 seperate motors pushing over 200 horses and 150ft. lbs of torque
That sounds interesting... I'm assuming you have pictures, right?

Old 07-10-2003, 09:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i have pictures, but only 2 members on this forum have and probably will see it.

Old 07-10-2003, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

Da beech,we know what's up about draggin,someone with no experience could never ride a banshee that's putting out 90 to 100 hp up comp at Glamis,there hanging on for dear life...

To the draggers at every strip,it's a rush when you line up,more than hitting a baseball and running to first....

Quick Reply: is drag racing a sport?