ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Pacific NW ATV race organization?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacific NW ATV race organization?

i've been going to, watching & racing in some ATV races here in the northwest over the last couple years. i'm not involved in any clubs or organizations right now but would join one if it helps peolpe know about events... that is, if it would help me know when events are taking place that interest me & helps the sport of ATV racing grow here in the NW.

what i've found is that no organization tracks the ATV events(competitive & not) around the NW (realistically). of the events i know about, ATV classes are seldom listed on flyers and word of them does not get around very well.. the result is few riders show up, sometimes not even enough to run one class.
i'd like to see more events for ATV's, but first you need better attendance at the events that are now being run.... how do you increase attendance if nobody knows about the events?

Old 07-26-2003, 12:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

Very easy it is about the pay out. If there are classes and they pay
good money to win. People will build them and come.

just my.02.. At least that is how it goes with cars.

Old 07-28-2003, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

for the money classes to exist there must first be classes... which requires racers attending... but they won't be there if they never know about it. which is exactly my point. you gotta get the info out to the riders, racers & dealers in order to get attendance up...

i think it'd be great if a club or group would track all the events that involve ATV racing & events of all forms in the NW & help get the word out(or at least attempt to)... mailings, website, etc. they don't have to track points(way too much work)... just keep a calendar that defines event type, location, contacts, organizers, sanctioning groups, links, etc. the scope would focus on the NW, but also include some other events that would interest NW riders & racers... WORCS, ITP quadcross, etc

there are a couple ATV clubs with recreational focus that i know of in the western WA area. I don't believe it would be far fetched to think they might be interested in adding this info to thier website & mailings...

Old 07-29-2003, 12:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

dude i understand what you mean. But i race, drag race cars all yr long. If there is a purse
they will build it. I don't think to many classes is a great idea. A bracket and a couple shootout classes.
If you start one i will help and show up. People will pay $50 entries if the purse is right. I mean i will drive
to any state for a good purse. So would alot of racers. I like pavement and here in Tx it is starting to get bigger.
Just my .02

ozzie