ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

GNC Pine Lake TT Race

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 07:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default GNC Pine Lake TT Race

Rain cancelled the races sunday in approx. the 14th to the 17th lap of the pro race. They did go back and score the race up to the point of rain. This did upset the few that got to advance positions as the rider in front slipped and spun out of control. To go back and score it was the right thing to do IMO.
Results:: HITT~LITTLE~JONES
I wish the rain could have held off for the 5 min. it would have taken to finish the race as Darren Ogden was working Jones hard for 3rd spot.

Best race~~Open Pro!! Local type guy Roy Bresnihan Fired up his Bombardier and let her rip. I didnt get to see the holeshot,but I did get there in time to see Tim Farr rub Roy's grab bar for 5 laps. And I'm serious! Tim rubbed his front number right off the front number plate from contact.
Down the straight,even the mighty motor that Farr has couldn't come close to the ski-doo,,whoops, Bombardier...Roy pulled away from Farr down the straight each and every lap! And thats not easy.
WTG ROY!! I been watching Roy since 1996. I see this guy with a sweatshirt,jeans,and work boots ride a wheelie down the backstrait and into the pits at Challenger raceway. I thought, "that guys cool",as I like to wheelie too. Roy does have (and wear) racing boots now,but don't touch his sweatshirt and jeans!

Women~ Angela Moore changed her LSR 450 (honda) from MX to TT . Of course it was a strained crossover as parts arrived at the door Friday 2 hours before practice startes.
Angela won her heat and Holly Shartzer won hers. Shartzers heat was the fast heat.
The Women did get to run their main today (Sunday). Angela blasted out of the hole with Shartzer behind. Holly did have a chance though. Angela got out of shape in the bowl and thus was even more out of shape when she tipped the brim. She got a little squirrely and Holly came out of the bowl with momentum. Holly did pass Angela down the straight,but Angela took it back in the sweeper turn. Angela can pass in the sweeper as well as any pro rider. By the way, she won.

Miniquads: There were a host of mini's there.We didn't get to race the mains.My boy (Jake) got 3rd in the 90 Limited class in his heat,which gave him 5th overall.Not bad for throwing a machine together in a few days.He had fun,and thats where it's at!
The mains would have been some great racing.

A couple things came up. Food for thought here...
1) In MX there are 2 Womens classes. A and B/C. At pine Lake (I dont know about the earlier TT's) there was only 1 Womens class.
"we didnt think there would be enough sign up" was the responce from Doug Morris as he was questioned about this.There was in fact 20 women sign up.And one in the pits would have raced but not with the "A" class women.Thus "IF" she would have signed up there would have been a qualifier and 1 gal looses the right to race the main.And FYI, Yes lappers did get in the way of the front runners! Shartzer was held back by a lapper. A lapper hit Moore in a turn,this gal refused to get out of the way. And yes,lappers should move over (I do).
Anyways, Are there national classes or not? The TT classes have allways mirrored MX classes,,because,,THEY ARE NATIONAL CLASSES!!
Or not?

MX tires allowed in a TT?
In 1997 The TT track at LL was very bad. I asked the referee if we could run MX tires. "absolutely not" was the reply.
Now at Pine Lake today (as the rain sort of left for a while giving us a false hope of racing)The referee said that MX tires were at the promotors disgretion.Are the promotors making the rules now? Is there a TT tire rule?

On a lighter note:
The knobby tire class. These guys had it all figured out! They go off the line,where you "normally" go around the sweeper turn,4 of them go straight into the woods and ride the XC trail for a minute,then spit out onto the track again to finish the lap. It was a crowd pleaser [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
AND they did race today. IN THE RAIN!! In a downpour would be more specific. I wouldn't even stick my head out of the box van to see them it was raining so bad.

OH YEA,,,,I borrowed Ken Marcou's Z400 and raced the 40+ class. I showed em all big butt out of the hole! But I only require 75 yards of glory and slowed down for the sweeper. Thus all but 1 passed me. That guy hit a rut and got thrown into the front wheels of me!I just had to go pass the guy for that! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Next to last and I seen checkered. I'm a happy 40+'er THANKS KENNY!!!!

Old 07-28-2003, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great report, Thanks!

Coming to Glamis this year?

Old 07-29-2003, 08:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lt80
first off congrads to you and Angela.

I was there and even tried the track out myself. Yep I lowered the GG 300 and slapped a swaybar and TT tires on it and entered the 16-24 and open c classes. I was #265 (only tt set-up GG). I didn't qualify for any of the mains. Didn't think I would since is was my first time racing TT's. I had the gear all wrong too much top end. Finished 7th in the open c heat one away from making it to the main. Then I missed the LCQ for the open c class cause it was right after the 16-24 LCQ. Oh well I had a blast and learned a little about TT racing. Might try to run some more next season.