ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Building JUMPS

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 12:06 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building JUMPS

I have never herd of maken a atv ramp out of wood... all i got to say is stick to dirt

Old 11-09-2003, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default Building JUMPS

My friends and I make a small motocross track on a frozen lake in the winter. we build it out of the way in a large bay off to the side of the lake. we use a utility quad with a plow to pile up a bunch of snow then we shape the jumps into form with shovels. after we have the jumps made we take an ice auger out there and drill a hole right next to the jumps. Then we use the water and slush and put it all over the jumps. We leave it sit for a night without touching it and come back the next day with a perfect frozen motocross track!! It's really sweet and a lot of fun. We had a few table tops and some cool doubles out there last winter. WE EVEN MADE A WHOOP SECTION OUT OF SNOW AND ICE!! It was really a lot of fun untill the snowmobilers had to be d!cks and stop on top of the jumps and roost them into $hit! Then we had to start over. But this winter we will design a new track and I'll get some pics of us out there and post them. I really like doing it because it's very unique for us quad riders to build a MX track out of snow and ice. Last year we had a 45ft double and the landing itself was almost 5ft off the ground. When we first built it no one would hit it because the take off ramp was almost straight up and over 5ft tall... I said I wasn't hitting it untill the take off was made longer and not as steep but my friend on his 400EX hit it and over shot by about 20ft and landed front bumper first!! The front tires didn't even hit. He was hurt for a while but he managed to pick himself up and walk away. SCARY STUFF! Then we toned the take off down a little and it was a super fun jump! But I'll get some pics this winter of the track and some water skipping... Sorry I went on and on but I love the winter jumping!

Old 11-09-2003, 06:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default Building JUMPS

wow that moto track sounds really sweet... i would like to build one thsi summer... we have 40 acres of land and there is enough area cleared to make a pretty good sized one... not sure on how to go about it though... weve got 3 utility quads 2 trucks that would fit back there and a bobcat and me plus 2 friends that would help me... how hard would it be to make this? i figured on juss like buying a few dump loads of dirt... how much do you think i would need? i got till may to figure this stuff out but figured if i knew like what it would take that would be good... thanks alot for any help you can give.. .. i think it would be easier to make a big ol curved kinda jump like that rev 3 or whatever out of dirt to...