West Coast Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 03:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default West Coast Nationals

I'm sure that I'm not the first to think of this, BUT,,,
I been looking at the WORCS series. It seems that there IS races out west.I say it like that because those that were at the infamous west coast national meeting at the GNC banquet heard about how there is no quad racing out there and this is all new. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I'd like to hear from those that run the WORCS series. Please tell me the pro's and cons. Are they AMA santioned?Whats the points per race and are there throwouts?

It seems to me that there is allready a series up and running, but not called the West Coast Nationals. I'm sure there are reasons. I'm hoping to hear all about it.
THANKS !!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2003, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The WORCS races are not quite MX races - they are more like Grand Prix races, which is why I haven't tried one yet. (not sure how I'd do all out for an hour!) There are about 5 over here on the West Coast, and then about the same amount on the East Coast per year.......that's about all I know about them. I like the idea of a GNC over here because I like MX - and the thought of a National Series race over here is awesome!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2003, 03:32 AM
Pro Rider

We attended our first WORCS race in Cali this year,it was awesome! Looks like its going to to be even better for the West Coast for next year.Im stoked they are coming to Idaho. Ill be racing that one for sure and maybe hit up Cali and a Wash one as well...... go check out there web site at www.worcsracing.com ..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2003, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

they are right, it is a GP format. but they will no longer run in the east... the tracks do have a MX section but are more natural terrain... loops are about 6-12 miles long. they will run the ATV races 90 minutes in '04, and because of increased interest they are expanding the number of quad classes significantly. WORCS is more like the GNCC of the west not GNC.

WORCS is sanctioned by CRA (cross roads adventures) not AMA.
they have a points system defined in the rules section on the WORCS website.
throwouts depends on the racer this next year... there are 13 races divided into two regions(west coast- region 1 & southwest- region 2) many of the races are bi-regional... pros get no throwouts(must run 13), amatures must run 7 of the 9 regional races to qualify for regional points or 9 of 13 to qualify for national points.

'04 will be the 4th year they allow quads to run the WORCS, and because of that... it hasn't had the hype or following that the GNC or GNCC have.... but it is definitely growing fast average quad attendance at each race was 60 for '03, and with word getting out it should continue to grow.
i'll be at 4 or more of them... hopefully i can afford to qualify for region 1 points...

but a west coast quad MX series?... there is none... just local, district & state, if that.

Old 11-21-2003, 06:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Thank you for the replys! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Mighty interesting.It does sound fun!
Is it as rough of terrain as the GNCC's?
It's no doubt there will be growth. 1996 was the first year we ran the GNC. We averaged 150 per race then, now I thing it's around 280.

Old 11-21-2003, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

i don't believe it's as tight or technical as the GNCCs but i've heard some parts of the tracks have been that way. i know washougal's woods section is tough... doug eichner hit the same tree 3 times this year...he was talking about it in the pits afterwards [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2003, 02:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hello LT80:

Could you send me your e-mail address. I need to discuss some ideas
about my son's mini.

Jallen5996@aol.com-(Hunter)

CautionKills