ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Honda 250r--- HELP ME PLEASE, with engine mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 04:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda 250r--- HELP ME PLEASE, with engine mods

Thats cool. Im just razzing you guys. BUT the best way to get power to the ground is very little to no suspension at all. I know you guys take whoops and turns and what not, but its always a drag race to the first corner [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2003, 04:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Point taken [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Yeah, if it worked for jumping, id definately have no suspension, but I kinda like being all in one piece and not jolted around like im on a mechanical bull. LOL

Old 11-20-2003, 01:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

What brand,and model shock should i get?
Should i get different a-arms?
Extend the swingarm?
Should i get a wider axle?

Old 11-20-2003, 01:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

IMO:: PEP shocks are the best.You can have them re-build your stock rear for a cpl hundred $. For the front either the ZPS or the limited mass. If you are not a big jumper, the limited mass afe surely good enough.
axel/a-arms: Lone Star Racing. +4 axel and +2"+1" rec a-arms.
Your swingarm is fine for now. I'd ride it a while to see if you need a "shorter" swingarm. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I have a 1988 -1". I wish I had the length of swingarm you have. (so you understand, if you was to ask for a swingarm, everyone goes by the stock 1988 length as a standard.Yours would actually be called a +2" compared to the 1988 length.)
These will get you sitting pretty, hooking up, and handling great!
Have fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-20-2003, 01:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

When you say peps can rebuild my rear shock is this good? Will it be as good as one of there shocks? Or should i buy one of there's?

Old 11-20-2003, 02:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

This is your call. Surely their shock is better. Mine is a rebuild and suits me well for 600$ savings [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
If you have plans on racing competitvely, then get the best.
FYI: I do about all you can on mine. MX,TT,XC,dunes,trails,RR tracks,roads, etc.Mind you I'm certainly no pro, but at the PAATVING rally I was hitting a jump 4th gear pinned [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Could it ride better? YES,,,,Do I need it that much better? NO

Old 11-20-2003, 02:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Honestly, if I were you, I would just spend the money and have them re-do stock. For now that will be fine. Then, when you get advanced enough where you need it, spend the extra money to get the new one from them. No point in making an already expensive sport more expensive [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-20-2003, 03:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do guys have an address, phone number,or maybee a website so i can send them my stock rear shock??????????

Old 11-21-2003, 04:36 PM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Lateralus
Get a hold of Eddie Sanders Racing.I have a 370PV Motor from them and am extremelly happy.

late,zubbeyboy ESR WEBSITE
i looked in your pics and i didnt see a quad, all i saw was money. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] VERY NICE!!!

Old 11-25-2003, 01:54 PM
Range Rover

Thanks LT80 for the explanation of +1, +2, etc. I always thought the number was relative to whatever came stock on your model year (1986 for skilled4reel). I also didn't realize that Honda started making the swing arm shorter (your -1 comment). Why would they do this? Turning radius, frame integrity(landing 4th gear pinned jumps), suspension advantage? Just curious. It seems like as the hp started to climb in 1985, Honda would have kept making a longer and longer swingarm to try and keep the front wheels close to the ground. On second thought, I guess they did do that when they bolted on the other front wheel.

Anyhew, one more question for all of you that talked about the shaved head for more compression. Does anyone have any insight about how much you can shave off and still be able to run 90-92 octane pump gas? I have a stock 1985 250r with a Wiseco pro-lite, DG pipe/silencer, Boyseen reeds, and reed spacer. It runs real good for now (can't afford 330PV for $1500), but head shaving seems pretty easy/cheap.

Quick Reply: Honda 250r--- HELP ME PLEASE, with engine mods