Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GNCC on TV

GOT MUD!!!

Old 11-25-2003, 09:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default GNCC on TV

Pudl, I'd almost like to go and try one of those "freeway" races. I wonder how Ballance and crew would do on our courses? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-25-2003, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default GNCC on TV

I just got done watching the GNCC races on the SPEED channel. It was very cool. I'd like to get into racing as my skill level improves. No grand illusions of winning here, just think it would be a blast. I'll have to check around and see what local tracks have to offer.

Old 11-26-2003, 09:05 AM
Pro Rider
Default GNCC on TV

I agree mod. But maybe it's like the saying, tv adds 15 lbs and 5 ft to the trail...lol. But now, those trails are definately wider in most sections. I couldn't belive how many lines they had to choose from with just the big trees. In ol miniota[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img], the brush is so thick it's a one way trail and if a guy gets stuck, you sometimes have no choice but to wait. Our sections get so tight and twisty ballance would say WHAT, 1st gear?? Where is that...aaaaand you're gonna make me slip the clutch to get through! For those that think I'm saying that cause I'm slow...you're wrong! The races are just that tight. At some races, a stock rappy will fit, but a predator won't and will have to find a new path! (HIXTON) cough, cough...mmm dust!

Old 11-26-2003, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default GNCC on TV

I watched the last 1/2 hr of it, it was prety cool..

here is the schedule if no one has seen it..

(all Times Eastern)
2003 GNCC ATV Racing Telecast Schedule on Speed Channel

The Hurricane GNCC Tue, Nov 25 7pm
The General GNCC Tue, Nov 25 7:30pm
Steele Creek GNCC Tue, Dec 2 7pm
Big Buck GNCC Tue, Dec 2 7:30pm
Loretta Lynn's GNCC Tue, Dec 9 7pm
Rausch Creek GNCC Tue, Dec 9 7:30pm
The John Penton GNCC Tue, Dec 16 7pm
The Patriot GNCC Tue, Dec 16 7:30pm
The Wisp GNCC Tue, Dec 23 7pm
Mathew's Farm GNCC Tue, Dec 23 7:30pm
The Spartan GNCC Tue, Dec 30 7pm
Power Line Park GNCC Tue, Dec 30 7:30pm
The Ironman GNCC Tue, Jan 6 7:30pm

Old 11-26-2003, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default GNCC on TV

Its about time they started putting races on Tv

Predator 03 pure polaris nerf bars

Old 11-26-2003, 10:50 AM
Range Rover
Default GNCC on TV

Originally posted by: modquad
Pudl, I'd almost like to go and try one of those "freeway" races. I wonder how Ballance and crew would do on our courses? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Don't be fooled... yes there is lots of open trail, but the ones that I have been to also have very tight woods where the V is bouncing off the sides of trees, and then after my morning race just go and stand at one of those tight sections, and watch Ballance, Duvall, Yokley, and the rest of the pros go through it and I am amazed at the talent those guys have. They fly through it! And the "freeway" sections.... most have a hidden surprise in the grass that makes me grab brake. If you watched Duvall almost go over the front end last night...that is what I mean. Ol' Bill I'm sure would do just fine.

But I have to say after riding a GNCC race your local track is just not as fun anymore. You would love it.

Old 11-26-2003, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default GNCC on TV

I was actually drooling over that track. I have only entered one cross country race and it seemed to be gear toward race quads. I ride a Rincon, and that muddy rutted course they ran on TV last night would have been perfect for a 4X4. There were many of those guys stuck in places that would not have slowed a 4X4. I only watched for a minute. Did they run 4X4s?

I will say this to those of you that have not done this... it is harder than it looks. If you are really experienced, you might be fast for the first 30 mintues, and then reality sets in. You arms and hands are pumped. Then, after about an hour, you are almost sick (if you really push to the limit), and after an hour and 1/2, you could stick a fork in me because I was done. I know the key is to pace yourself and stay relaxed. But, it is harder than you think.

Old 11-26-2003, 12:11 PM
Range Rover
Default GNCC on TV

Greg, Yes they do run 4x4's in the morning race, Utility stock, Util modified, and the Util unlimited. Most of the unlimited is V's and Polaris. Check it out here.

Old 11-26-2003, 12:19 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default GNCC on TV

Yup, all fomats of machine are welcome. Get involved, join AMA, and go race! You'll have a blast! O.k. well half way through the race you'll be wondering, "Why do I do this?". Then after the race, you'll be soooooo psyched for the next one, you won't be able to wait. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Pudl and I aren't by any means discounting the GNCC courses and talents of the pros. Our district just finally widened our courses a couple of years back.....they're still quite a bit tighter than the GNCC's though.

Quick Reply: GNCC on TV