ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

the fastest accelerating atv

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the fastest accelerating atv

I dont own a jap car but man is it sad when you hear people say you got one of them thar ricers? wtf is a ricer. Oh its a hillbilly way of saying import. I like I said dont drive a jap car but give them a break we all have hobbies and If they wanna build imports dont be jealous that they beat you make yours faster. I do alot of drag racing and let me tell ya for the cost of a ford lightning and the pullys and bolt on mods some kid with a honda integra could have half the cost into it and will more then likelly be going faster. AND THE BIGGEST POINT HERE IS that you are riding a jap atv MOST of this forum is japanese so maybe we should have a domestic atv forum and we can all make fun of jap bikes because they win?

Old 02-04-2004, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

Old 02-04-2004, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

tellico dont you have a yamaha? looks like it according to your sig but he If you hate "ricers" so much maybe you could look at polaris? lol Im not bashing just hate when people call them ricers. Give them a break not everyone can afford a lightning like your friend. I dont drive a jap car but I can respect there hobby. Seems to me that is the same as someone on a dirtbike or a sled saying hey this is of topic but tell me you dont drive an atv looks fast but reall isint? kinda being judgemental of someone elses hobby? yeah it is. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2004, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

im not trying to change the subject but what is the best accelerating quad?

Old 02-04-2004, 01:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

My vote is the Predator, mostly because that is what I drive. I would probably guess that it is a banshee though, they are so light and have plenty of power.

Old 02-04-2004, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: z838mx
tellico dont you have a yamaha? looks like it according to your sig but he If you hate "ricers" so much maybe you could look at polaris? lol Im not bashing just hate when people call them ricers. Give them a break not everyone can afford a lightning like your friend. I dont drive a jap car but I can respect there hobby. Seems to me that is the same as someone on a dirtbike or a sled saying hey this is of topic but tell me you dont drive an atv looks fast but reall isint? kinda being judgemental of someone elses hobby? yeah it is. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Calm down sparky!!! If you read my post a little better, I said RICER! Meaning, the usually car that is Wing Charged, Fire Extinquisher charged, Body kit charged and MOST IMPORTANTLY, STICKER CHARGED, that meaning ANY car foreign made to LOOK FAST when its NOT!!!! Not Honda itself, they actually make wonderfu cars!!! My parents have owned 2! Also to the post I was referring to, he said he has 312HP and runs 12.3, the Subaru WRX STI, that AWD with 300hp turbocharged with SLICKS doesnt pull those times he has!! I will never Bash the Import Market, a friend of mine(very RICH friend) that goes to Auburn University, has 2 8 second mustangs and a Eagle Talon AWD turbo, that runs in the 11's and it looks absolutely the SAME way as it did when he bought it Brand NEW!! My point is I love fast cars as I am planning on buying something fast, What?, who knows till I find it! BUT I WILL NOT MAKE SOMETHING LOOK FAST IF IT IS NOT!

Old 02-04-2004, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TellicoGrizz660
This is off topic again, but I have a friend that bought a bone stock Ford Lightning, installed a pulle kit, chip, stall, and was reaching the same times as you are! Me I'm not much into the Ricer thing! BY THE WAY, the dodge viper beats your times as well as the zo-6 and they have also had the 03 mustangs reaching identical times of yours stock, its on the net for you to view the vids! Also, just the engine swap didnt get you those times, I doubt very seriously you are naturally aspirated!
first a viper hits 12.5 on the 1/4 mile a o3 cobra hits a 13.0 or 12.9 stock and a lightning was no were nere af fast as me and my motor comes stock turbo

Old 02-04-2004, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TellicoGrizz660
Originally posted by: z838mx
Calm down sparky!!! If you read my post a little better, I said RICER! Meaning, the usually car that is Wing Charged, Fire Extinquisher charged, Body kit charged and MOST IMPORTANTLY, STICKER CHARGED, that meaning ANY car foreign made to LOOK FAST when its NOT!!!! Not Honda itself, they actually make wonderfu cars!!! My parents have owned 2! Also to the post I was referring to, he said he has 312HP and runs 12.3, the Subaru WRX STI, that AWD with 300hp turbocharged with SLICKS doesnt pull those times he has!! I will never Bash the Import Market, a friend of mine(very RICH friend) that goes to Auburn University, has 2 8 second mustangs and a Eagle Talon AWD turbo, that runs in the 11's and it looks absolutely the SAME way as it did when he bought it Brand NEW!! My point is I love fast cars as I am planning on buying something fast, What?, who knows till I find it! BUT I WILL NOT MAKE SOMETHING LOOK FAST IF IT IS NOT!
first of with slicks i can hit 11 sec i beleve like i said my car is set up for drifting not drag racing my car is about 1000 lbs lighter than the sti and i tach 9300 rpm you have no idea what you are talking about you are just a magazine racer

Old 02-04-2004, 05:40 PM
Trailblazer

you want to know something funny...the japs make their trucks just so they are a little tad bit too small to carry a quad in the back...forcing you to buy a trailer...hmmm there must be something behind it, thats just my 3 cents

Old 02-04-2004, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

you want to know something funny...the japs make their trucks just so they are a little tad bit too small to carry a quad in the back...forcing you to buy a trailer...hmmm there must be something behind it, thats just my 3 cents

lol i never thought of it that way before, but now that i think about it they are a tad bit to small to hold a qaud.

hmmmmm.............

Quick Reply: the fastest accelerating atv