ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Why are yamaha rider's so hard headed???

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why are yamaha rider's so hard headed???

Listen I know that my quads are not the fastest in the world but come on 90% of the people in these forum that ride yami's think that they are the almighty "just like most chevy enthusiast".....all I'm saying is come on now be a little more open minded....I mean hell I think Kawasaki's are great and I would rather have a 2-stroke over a thumper..but that don't mean I think thats all that exsist......for example I really like that 400z I think it rides great and has plenty ov power I also really like the gasgas 450...hell buy it and race it no mods needed.....but if you ask most yamaha riders......which is faster a stock blaster or a V-force they will say the blaster no matter how ridiculous it may sound, it still dosen't matter it's a YAMAHA....if that was the case the other manufactures might as well close there doors.....now don't get me wrong, Yes yamaha has made some nice bikes...hell when I first started racing at 11yrs old I had a yz80..........listen sorry about the long thread just needed to relive some stress.........

Old 02-16-2004, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

DAM...I guess no one cares

Old 02-16-2004, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe the reason yamaha riders are so dedicated to there machines is that yamaha didn't totaly bow down to the goverment when the gov. started puttin pressure on the industry about 12 years yamaha had the only decent riding machines out there ,that were not after market jobs .

Old 02-16-2004, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

or maybe they just like there machines

Old 02-16-2004, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

I would say that one of the reasons for the constant fighting is that yamaha had the banshee as the fastest stock quad out for so long. So in that time everyone with a cocky attitude who wanted to prove that they were the fastest around bought them. Then the raptor came out with the biggest engine and dirt wheels said it was sweet and fast so all the 4 stroke lovers ran out and got that. There was the start of 2 cocky groups. Now the yfz came and they said it's the new fastest 4 stoke so half the people who had raptor went to that bike and the other half stayed with the big cc's of the raptor. So you have the banshee with most hp potential, unlimited mods, and a very wicked 2 stroke. The raptor with the big 660 cc engine and big amounts of torque. And now the best mx quad out and great power in the YFZ. I guess when you have the best bike for all categories you tend to carry a little cockyness. Just my opinion.

Old 02-16-2004, 11:31 PM
The Facility

All very great examples and I couldn't agree more.

You have to look at the overall grand scheme of things as well. Yamaha sells more sport ATVs because they cover all the bases that other OEMs ignore........and the fact that most of this forum is made up of sport quad riders.

It's not that hard to figure out.

If you lay claim to something that is backed up by sales figures, it's hard to let go....LOL

JMO

Old 02-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

Yamaha has all the machines out there for each cc group. Big Bore to Beginner. They pretty much have all the best things but then the other manufactures are coming out with some pretty sweet things. Plus they give there customers what they want. Wanted a Racer bike the got the YFZ they wanted a medium class bike to take care of Warrior they came out with a new Raptor 350. They make things quick and they go for there customers

Old 02-18-2004, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

I hafta agree with the stock blaster vs. a V comment made by killerKFX .. stock for stock a V will crush a blaster .. literally if the blaster can't get out of the way!!! LOL

But honestly though .. most people who make comments such as "I smoked a heavily modded 400ex with my stock blaster" are just shooting BS and hoping to get some tempers up. I mean c'mon .. it's a blaster .. now if he had a Warrior THAT would be different LOL j/k. I've never raced, and likely never will other than maybe against a buddy or something. There's just no place to do that sort of thing around here ..

And I still don't like the Raptor 350 .. there's nothing particulary original about it .. at least the Warrior had a unique styling to it, even if it was too heavy and underpowered.

Anyway .. the work day is drawing to a close .. i'm loggin off and goin home [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2004, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

I have never seen a thread in the yamaha forum saying a blaster is faster than a v. Yes, I have seen threads saying Warriors or blasters beat z/kfx's. But this is just not in the Yamaha forum, there are little kids in every single forum on this site that think their blasters or 250ex's can beat the big bores. Its what everybody else that comes to these forums has to deal with too.

Old 02-23-2004, 10:21 PM
Trailblazer

it shouldnt matter if you have a bultaco,denali, honda , gasgas, zongyhong or what ever if it makes you happy RIDE IT AND LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!
PEACE

Quick Reply: Why are yamaha rider's so hard headed???