ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Racing questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing questions

This will be the first time I am racing and taking it seriously, so I was wondering if I could get some feedback on a couple things:

Nerf bars: I have heard good and bad things about having them. I will be racing in harescrambles, do you think they would be beneficial, wouldn't matter either way, or I shouldn't bother? And why, if you don't mind?

Endurance: In the past, I wear out very quickly and these races are 2 hours long. My thumb also cramps to the point where I can barely move it. Any advice?

Anything else you can tell a novice would be awesome. I can ride, but I may need some pointers to race!

THANKS!!!!

Old 04-22-2004, 01:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Racing questions

I have a thing I can squeeze and it helps my grip. The thumb thing, I would make sure your throttle cable is lubed up well. Nerf bars, can help when going between tight places where you can just ride the nerfs through and let things hit them, but they also don't allow you to back up real easy. If I was you, I would start training now, ride as much as possible with someone else who can push you for long periods of time, and try running, or i also like the rowing machines too.

Old 04-22-2004, 01:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Racing questions

Hey where are you from in Iowa, I am from Griswold(it is about 35 miles strait east of Council Bluffs)

Old 04-22-2004, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default Racing questions

Thanks for the advice!! Are you racing in the harescramble series?? www.iowaatvharescrambleseries.com

I live not too far North of Des Moines. Where do you usually ride? Do you go to Council Bluffs a lot?

Old 04-22-2004, 07:44 PM
Trailblazer
Default Racing questions

hey ang, its tyler...kam's nephew from webster county wheelers...i was wonderin' if u were racing in the iowa atv harescramble series...im just puttin' on some aftermarket parts on the 400 and then im headin' down to indianola on sunday after prom...its gonna be a long night..

concerning ur ?'s..ive had trouble w/ my thumb crampin' up, so set a good race pace that u could do for 2 hours...maybe u should try practicin' w/ the 12 hour crew to get into shape [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]...then u'd dominate anybody on the track. a camelbak is a VERY good investment to make..i usually fill it w/ water, gatorade, or red bull...depends on how much money i feel like puttin' into a refreshment during the race...

i know for sure kelly joe is goin' to the races too..but im not sure who else, perhaps if we get our crap together, we could pit relatively close to each other..

Old 04-22-2004, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default Racing questions

Hey, thanks, Tyler! If you want, we could try to save a space next to us in the pits? We are camping there the night before. We have the 12-Hour trailer now, so you shouldn't miss us! I think that sounds like a very long night, considering sign up is really early! Are you racing C class? What's Kelly racing in? C? I still need to get that tether on, otherwise I guess I'm not racing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Do you have one on yours yet? If so, what kind is it?? I would assume mine would be similar to yours?

I did practice a little bit with the 12 hour team, and I lasted about 20 minutes until my thumb was giving out and I was starving. What a weenie. I had fun keeping up with you and Kelly that last weekend we were up there! That gave me a little practice!

Thanks for the racing tips! I'm glad I have a sport quad for this race! Maybe you won't pass me so much like when I was on the Rancher [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-23-2004, 08:06 PM
Trailblazer
Default Racing questions

hey..if you would leave a space in the pits, that would be awesome..im gonna be racin' in C class, but i have NO clue wut kelly's gonna be racing....he's got that new 450r, so i would expect him to be in at least the B class...yes, i have a kill switch. Its a gunnar...its the normally open unfortunately [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]...i think ull dominate the womens...bush will be out of office if u dont win (and just cuz i said that doesnt mean you have to go out and lose on purpose..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])...anyways, if u want anymore tips from my experience, just ask me and ill tell you while we're chillin' b4 the race..ttyl

Old 04-23-2004, 08:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Racing questions

hey I may be racing in them, hopefully....not this weekend though...i have too many tests comming up soon. Yeah i have ridden in cb, but a while ago. I am currently living in ames, so we're not real far away from eachother then probably

Old 04-25-2004, 11:14 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Default Racing questions

man... i just don't get it.. u guys ever see nGNCC on tv and watched the ironman?? well i ride in those kinda conditions sortof when i go south and i never get cramps in my thumb( only after riding for like 3 hours) i never get arm pump either and i don't ***** foot around i haul @$$ wtf is wrong with me!?

Old 04-25-2004, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default Racing questions

I race harescrambles and I would definetely buy nerf bars. Get AC Pro-Pegs w/ heel guards. The guards add extra protection from your feet going into the tire. Also look into a twist throttle.....you will not fatigue as easy.

Quick Reply: Racing questions