ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Results From MMCC Race...Somerville,TN 5/23

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 10:59 PM
The Facility
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Results From MMCC Race...Somerville,TN 5/23

Well, most forum readers who are actually interested in this small series already know the results, but this is for those select few who may be wondering what the outcome was.....especially with all the "hype" surrounding a few riders this week on the forum.
Oh, and Team TripleP...(What I call them anyway)... These are 3 riders [family members also] who have just started racing and doing great I think as beginners in woods racing. They aren't members of the forum, but I do know that one of them frequently reads the forum, so I thought giving them special props for their 2nd race ever in the woods was in order.

Knowsalot Fac. Riders........

Me...................I never started the race. Charging problems did me in before the start. Long story, but any Cannondale owner reading this knows how significant this is. Ricky Davis won the A class by a substantial margin over the other riders in that class.
reconbasher....[B class] He got the holeshot going into the woods and held the lead until the 2nd lap, when fastinahat managed to pass him. Both were riding right together until fastinahat, under pressure, crashed near the end of the first lap and reconbasher took advantage of his mistake. Both stayed very close to one another until reconbasher turned on the juice in the 4th lap and won the B class by over 30 sec. over fastinahat.
liftkit................[B class] He, like me, had mechanicals keeping him out of the race this weekend as well. We were both spectators for the entire race this time around.
JaredKFX...............[C class] A new guy to our group, racing wise, finally entered his first event and nearly won the C class first time out. Led 1st, 2nd, & 3rd laps before tiring out, being passed by a Triple P rider and settling for 2nd place on the 4th and final lap. A great ride the first time out. Congrats Jared.

Team Chaos Riders

fastinahat......[B class] His race is pretty much summed up above. I will let him give his own version of what happened though as I am sure it will be different from mine.
Rider Unknown.......[C class] Unknown to me anyway. I never found anyone owning up to being riding partners, buddies, or even a pitman to fastinahat. No offense to you fastinahat, but I had plenty of time to scower the pits since I didn't race, and I found no one.

Team TripleP

Jeff.............[C class] Came from dead last to 4th place when going through the tent at the end of the 2nd lap. Made the pass for the win on the last lap.
Rodney......[C class] Winner of the last C race 6 weeks ago. Got a great start and was 3rd at the end of the first lap. Stayed consistent and finished 4th.
Jonathan...[C class] Got a flat on the first lap in a bad section of the track. DNF.

Old 05-24-2004, 02:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

I dont have a different version to tell. just things to tell that you left out. i wasn't being dusted the way you make it sound. i was riding very well and would have won if it not been for a few mishaps along the way. i crashed much more than one time patrick. try 3 times. one time, i was taken out by a lapper in the c class. the other two times were just errors on my part. when i got home i found all kinds of things that broke on my fourwheeler. my axle bareings are very bad and so is my rear shock. my subframe is also bent. i can only guess that all the wrecks did my fourwheeler in. i havent ran that hard in a long time too. i will say that the reconbastard put in one hell of a ride and kept me honest the whole race. i do wonder what the result would be had i not crashed so many times though. as for not knowing who my team mate is as if you werent told long ago, is david. you obviously only asked everyone but him i guess. it's ok. i have learned to ignore your flames towards my team. why did you not race anyway? you say you had a charging problem but i saw you revving your fourwheeler before the race with my own two eyes. maybe there's something you dont want said, like the truth behind why you decided not to race. your attitude toward me said it all. i was being nice when i got there and when i said are you ready, you acted as though i hadnt said a word and wouldnt even look at me. you remind me of some of the top pro guys in the country who think the little man doesnt exist. trust me, you are not that good. good but no where near being that good.geez. we are talking about a race that only a few dozen guys even bother showing up to. the fast guys only come when they arent somewhere else and use us as bait for practice. this was told to me by david who isnt the fastest guy in the world but his younger brother is a proam guy in the gncc races so he knows what he is talking about i am sure of this.
reconbastard, you put in a great ride. i know alot of it had to do with my bad luck, but you did good anyway and i guess we are on an even playing field now. do you plan on running the other memphis races this year?
liftkit, dude you need to get your fourwheelers ready to race man. you own more fourwheelers than i have owned all my life put together and you dont have nothing to race? i missed you out on the track. seemed lost running with the reconbastard all day. heck, you may have given him such a run that you would have taken the wind out of him and make it a two way battle between us like the last time we ran togehter.
one more thing. these triple p guys that yall mention. are those the guys on the fourwheelers that were pitted with yall? i think i saw everyone of those guys toting a plack back to the truck. haha. must be something in their drinking water before the race with that group of guys. i talked to one of them and he acted as though he was better than anyone else out there and acted like he didnt even want to talk to me. when i looked at his plack, i saw that he was a c class guy. i was in his spot at one time so i wasnt going to ruin his day by telling him how far back he was than me.
are you guys running the midsouth race in alabamma next month. i'm probaly not going to go unless some others in my class are running it so let me know what you guys plan to do and i will be there. i was going to run the entire summer races on the scedule, but the memphis race was on the same day and since i am points leader there, i took that race instead. i do have a few throwouts in the midsouth races though. maybe that is what i am going to do.
did any of you find the flyer about the shootout races at slayden in august? it wasnt there when i got there in the morning, but it was there when i got my plack. they are having a race by invitation only with the top guys from each class last year and they will be giving trophys and 200 dollars to the 1st place guys in each class. they are also going to have a regular race that pits the guys who did not finish top in their class and put them all into one class!! from what i understand, it is going to be a 1 hour race and since all fourwheeler classes are wraped up into one, it should make for interesting race. i have said for quit some time that i can hang with davis and the breedlov guys when I am with them on the track. i may proove to everyone that i wasnt joking. i have raced with those boys all over the place and i never finish far back from them so heres a chance for all of us to show them. anyway, i have typed more than i wanted and my fingers are tired. my neck hurts too from a race related injury and i have been taking pain killers all day and they are licking in now so i am going to bed. let me know what you guys are going to do and i will check my scedule

Old 05-24-2004, 06:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

well, i have an update on the condition of my fourwheeler. seems like all the rear end parts have seen better days. i just looked at it and i think the subframe is twisted towards the right side of the fourwheeler. this also caused my shock rod to bend and it wore the rubber things out when it did this. i have to look at it more better this weekend i think. i just looked at it for a short while. i didnt wake up until after lunch and i am still a bit drugged up right now, so i cant go outside and get hot right now. do any of you guys (anybody) have a subframe and shock that i could buy pretty cheap? i may end up getting a alky shock instead of another honda shock if i cant find a honda one cheap. anyway, just an update on my fourwheeler.

Old 05-24-2004, 11:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: KNOWSALOT

Rodney......[C class] Winner of the last C race 6 weeks ago. Got a great start and was 3rd at the end of the first lap. Stayed consistent and finished 4th.

He finished 3rd, we took home all 3 C class plauqes.

why did you not race anyway? you say you had a charging problem but i saw you revving your fourwheeler before the race with my own two eyes. maybe there's something you dont want said, like the truth behind why you decided not to race.
If your 2 eyes were looking earlier you would have seen the jumper cables attached to it to get it started. The reason he didnt race is exactly why he said he didnt

when i looked at his plack, i saw that he was a c class guy. i was in his spot at one time so i wasnt going to ruin his day by telling him how far back he was than me.
I doubt you would have ruined his day, I would guaruntee there was no one in C class who would give one tenth of a sh*t how far ahead of them you were.

As for me i loved the race, can't wait to do it again, after a quick post race inspection, I found I bent an A arm on one those trees I hit. I will definantly have to get in shape, I have never pushed myself so hard.

Old 05-24-2004, 11:28 PM
The Facility

Hey Jared. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the correction on Rodney getting 3rd instead of 4th.

Don't pay a whole lot of attention to fastinahat. His attitude on the forum isn't much off par from his attitude on the track. He got it from his dad I think. His dad used to come on here talking more smack than him, but has since disappeared from the forum lately it seems.
At least it appears that the painkillers that he has been taking has mellowed him out somewhat...lol

Congrats on your 2nd place. You put in a great ride from everything that we seen. At least you know more now about how to prepare for the next one.

Old 05-25-2004, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

I had a blast at it, very fun track. i might be racing the rest of them not for sure yet. And as for triple P and jarred, congradulations on yalls finish. I cant belive that i done as good as i did, cause i havent ridden in a month and i was sick the whole week until the race, i am going to practice and get back in shape before i go to the next one.

Old 05-25-2004, 05:59 PM
The Facility

fastinahat,
I didn't post anything in response to your comments in your first post yesterday until I got confirmation from another source. I did just that.

You may have done this not knowing.....with the pain killers and all or maybe just trying to start something, but here are the facts.

[1]My machine was most certainly not operating correctly due to a charging problem. Yes, you saw me revving it. I was helping build a battery charge. No big deal considering that I traded the Dale for a Z400 today.

[2]There is no "special race" at Slayden. Talked to Bennie and he said no plans to race at Slayden this year at all because the local land owners in that area and the race property owner are at odds over the noise issue with the county currently. In fact, he said there has NEVER been any talk of a race like you described. Also, there were no flyers at this weekend's race and that still, as of right now, the June 16 open date is still that.....open. If a race is to be held on that date, it will be on the website no later than one week prior to that date.

[3]David Baker is not affiliated with Team Chaos in any way, shape, or form.

And to top it all off, the news today is that I was approved for B class competition [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] for the remaining races this year and next year based on my results from last year's B races and this year's A races.

So................see ya on the line fastinahat. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-26-2004, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

I just washed my quad yesterday and looked it over about 15 minutes ago.......all i had to do was tighten the chain a little! its solid like a rock!

Old 05-27-2004, 03:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

patrick, you can say whatever you want about that race next month. i remember seeing the flyer. as much as i hate to admit it, the pain killers were pretty rough though, so i wont bash you about that until i call benny myself. i havent been to work or class all week due to my accident last weekend. i have been looking over my fourwheeler when i can. it's been a rough week for sure. so you have gone to a z400 fourwheeler. those cannondale fourwheelers you guys have been racing with have seen better days huh? i knew you guys would wise up one day. you should be a much harder racer to beat with your new racing atv. you should have upgraded a long time ago.
i am thinking of maybe getting another fourwheeler myself since the repairs are going to cost so much for mine. i have a savings bond that i got a few months ago and might use part of that to buy a new fourwheeler. i will go with either a z400 like you are or a new yamaha yfz 450. dont know for sure which i will go with, but i will likely be on one of them at the next race. i may just not say whih and surprise you guys at the track with it.
where is liftkit at? i never see him on the forums anymore. did he ever get any of his fourwheelers going so he will have something to race?
jared, you did real well in that race. i didnt know that was your first race. you are on a kfx400? i remember seeing you over there with patrick in the pits. seems you guys have found what fourwheelers do yall the best at racing. its going to take a win over reconbastard with his 400ex though to proove the z400 and kfx fourwheelers have the goods needed to represent yalls race team.
anyway, i am going to bed for a while. cant sleep too much with stupid pain pills. keep me up at night and sleep during the day. talk to you guys later.

Old 05-27-2004, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider

liftkit just bought a banshee instead of fixin his.

Quick Reply: Results From MMCC Race...Somerville,TN 5/23